The Greater Des Moines Partnership DSM Employment Ready initiative is designed to assist companies in need of immediate temporary workers, as well as DSM workers who have been impacted due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through this initiative, The Partnership will maintain a list of DSM companies looking to rapidly hire for open positions, as well as serve as a resource for employers and employees with up-to-date information relating to State and Federal assistance programs.
While we recognize that the impacts of COVID-19 are far-reaching, we also know some businesses are needing to scale up their workforce due to new or increased areas of need as a result of this changing economic environment. The Partnership is here to help.
The Partnership’s DSM Employment Ready initiative includes a tracking list where job seekers can quickly see information on employers actively looking to hire. To be added to this list please contact Sidney Pezley, Program Manager at The Partnership, at spezley@DSMpartnership.com.
We will need the following information from your business:
- Company (Name)
- Company Contact (Name, Email, Phone)
- Job Openings (#)
- Job Skills Needed (List)
- Where/How to Apply (Link)
Additionally, we encourage you to create an employer profile on the DSM USA Career Center, where companies can comb through job seeker resumes. Please note: We are adding a banner on the Career Center website to indicate NOW HIRING so employers can see job seekers that are actively looking for immediate positions; check back for this feature coming soon!
You may also consider utilizing a staffing or temp agency to assist you in your immediate hiring needs. As we work together to navigate the many challenges the COVID-19 pandemic creates, leveraging a staffing company to hire temporary workers can help you respond to your business’ needs in a rapid and efficient manner. Here are some options:
- Utilize temporary employees to cover both short-term and long-term labor gaps in response to increased hiring needs or absenteeism of your full-time workforce
- Reduce unnecessary visitors at your worksite by letting your staffing partner do all the screening and selection
- Payroll employees through a staffing agency to free up the time of your human resources team to focus on business-critical needs
- Find a list of staffing, temp agencies and employment agencies
Are you an employer who is experiencing temporary layoffs?
Below are links to additional resources:
- Employer Information on Unemployment Insurance from the Iowa Workforce Development Webinar on March 17, 2020:
- PDF of Slide Deck
- Watch the Full Webinar
For additional assistance for your business’ employment needs, please contact Mary Bontrager, The Partnership’s Executive Vice President of Talent Development, at mbontrager@DSMpartnership.com or (515) 229-2008.