#DSMlocal Buying Guides
Find a list of where to shop, where to eat and how to do it safely using any of the #DSMlocal Guides.
Our neighborhoods are each vibrant and unique due to the local flavor our small businesses add to the Greater Des Moines (DSM) community. Let's share the love with our small businesses! Shop safe and shop local by ordering online or by phone and selecting curbside, takeout or delivery. The money you spend here is more likely to stay here — and that's something worth buying into.
DSM Local is an initiative to drive more investment to local small businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM). The campaign aims to showcase the crucial role small businesses play in DSM and inform the public about the benefits and opportunities of doing business locally — all to help small businesses thrive.
Need Help Finding Local?
If you need help finding a product, here are a few sites we recommend:
DSM Local Toolkit
Here are a few additional resources to support DSM Local:
Download the graphic to share on your social media accounts or print out posters to hang in store windows!
Show your support for local in your meetings with a DSM Local background!
Ways to Support Local
Join us in DSM Local and participate by challenging yourself to seek out a local business for anything you might need and go beyond your usual shopping lists. A new book? Home improvement projects or decor? Outdoor games or activities? Find it locally! If you need an extra challenge, check out the local products and ingredients at locally-owned restaurants and grocery stores.
Tickets – Purchase a membership, season passes or tickets to cultural attractions, or even a virtual training seminar or event
- Retail Therapy – Shop online for clothing, jewelry, shoes
- Donate – Pay it forward! Consider donating to food banks, hospitals, nonprofits, blood banks, etc.
- Carry Out – Order local food, drink or dessert for curbside pick up
- Home Goods – Shop online for art, furniture, gardening or flowers
- Stay and Play – Plan a stay-cation with a gift card to a local hotel
- Entertainment – Book your spot at a future concert or purchase records, movies or board games
- Get Pampered – Schedule a future appointment or pay ahead for a haircut, massage, spa visit, mani/pedi
- Cleaners – Get your clothes dry cleaned, hire cleaning services for your carpet or home, etc.
- Dining Delivered – Order a meal or treat for delivery
- Get Creative & Support Local – Think outside the box! Remember to keep in mind B2B services, too!
#DSMlocal in DSM USA: