DSM Local is an initiative to drive more investment to local small businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM). The campaign aims to showcase the crucial role small businesses play in DSM and inform the public about the benefits and opportunities of doing business locally — all to help small businesses thrive.
Share Your Support
Join us in DSM Local and participate by challenging yourself to seek out a local business for anything you might need and go beyond your usual shopping lists. A new book? Home improvement projects or decor? Outdoor games or activities? Find it locally! If you need an extra challenge, check out the local products and ingredients at locally-owned restaurants and grocery stores.
Here are a few additional resources to support DSM Local:
DSM Local Toolkit
Download the graphic to share on your social media accounts or print out posters to hang in store windows!
Show your support for local in your meetings with a DSM Local background!
Ways to Support Local
Tickets – Purchase a membership, season passes or tickets to cultural attractions, or even a virtual training seminar or event
- Retail Therapy – Shop online for clothing, jewelry, shoes
- Donate – Pay it forward! Consider donating to food banks, hospitals, nonprofits, blood banks, etc.
- Carry Out – Order local food, drink or dessert for curbside pick up
- Home Goods – Shop online for art, furniture, gardening or flowers
- Stay and Play – Plan a stay-cation with a gift card to a local hotel
- Entertainment – Book your spot at a future concert or purchase records, movies or board games
- Get Pampered – Schedule a future appointment or pay ahead for a haircut, massage, spa visit, mani/pedi
- Cleaners – Get your clothes dry cleaned, hire cleaning services for your carpet or home, etc.
- Dining Delivered – Order a meal or treat for delivery
- Get Creative & Support Local – Think outside the box! Remember to keep in mind B2B services, too!
Need Help Finding Local?
If you need help finding a product, here are a few sites we recommend:
#DSMlocal in DSM USA: