DSM Local is an initiative to drive more investment to local small businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM) and encourages people to shop locally.
The campaign aims to showcase the crucial role small businesses play in DSM and inform the public about the benefits and opportunities of doing business locally — all to help small businesses thrive.
Buying Guides | DSM Local Toolkit | #DSMlocal in DSM USA
10 Categories to Shop Locally:
- Tickets – Purchase a membership, season passes or tickets to cultural attractions, or even a virtual training seminar or event
- Retail Therapy – Shop local for clothing, jewelry, shoes
- Donate – Pay it forward! Consider donating to food banks, hospitals, nonprofits, blood banks, etc.
- Food and Drink – Order local food, drink or dessert
- Home Goods – Shop for art, furniture, gardening or flowers
- Stay and Play – Plan a staycation to a local hotel
- Entertainment – Book your spot at a concert or purchase records, movies or board games
- Get Pampered – Schedule an appointment for a haircut, massage, spa visit, mani/pedi
- Cleaners – Get your clothes dry cleaned, hire cleaning services for your carpet or home, etc.
- Get Creative and Support Local – Think outside the box! Remember to keep in mind B2B services, too!
Cities and neighborhoods across the region are vibrant and unique due to the local flavor small businesses add to the Greater DSM community. Let's share the love with our small businesses! The money you spend here is more likely to stay here — and that's something worth buying into.
Check out our Membership Directory and listings for retail stores, coffee shops, wellness businesses and more to discover local businesses in the region.
Plus, find #DSMLocal business near you with these area-by-area guides:
More #DSMLocal Resources
Here are a few other sites from the community we recommend for finding more #DSMLocal options:
Social Media Post Templates
Available in PDF, JPG and PPT.
PDF: Download the PDF version of the graphic you wish to use and open it in Adobe Acrobat. Change the text in the answer box to your answer. Delete the gray logo placement and add your business's logo in its place. Save the document and then save as a JPG or PNG for sharing on social media.
JPG: Download the JPG file of the graphic you wish to use and open it in Photoshop or another photo editing software. Add a text box beneath the "Why support local" headline, and add your answer. Then place your business logo in the lower left corner, and save your completed graphic.
PPT: Download the PPT version of the graphic you wish to use and open it in PowerPoint. Change the text in the answer box to your answer. Delete the gray logo placement and add your business's logo in its place. Save the document and then save as a JPG or PNG for sharing on social media.
Then share your image on social media and tag @DSMpartnership and use #DSMlocal in the caption.
Download the graphic to share on your social media accounts or print out posters to hang in store windows!
Show your support for local in your meetings with a DSM Local background!
Explore communities within the Greater Des Moines region and discover hidden gems and new favorites by viewing our Affiliate Chamber directory.
Affiliate Chamber Directory