Insurance & Financial Services
With 81 insurance companies located in the region and the highest concentration of insurance employment among metros in the United States, Greater Des Moines (DSM) is the place for the insurance and financial services industry.
Des Moines’ talented workforce and fair, consistent regulatory environment attracts health and life insurance and financial services companies from around the world. Wells Fargo, Principal and Nationwide alone employ over 24,000 employees in Des Moines.
For more information, contact Mike Swesey, Senior Vice President of Economic Development.
Des Moines' Major Insurance and Finance Companies
- Accordia Life
- American Enterprise Group, Inc.
- American Equity Investment
- ARAG Group
- Continental Western Group
- Delta Dental of Iowa
- DLL Group
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company of Iowa
- FBL Financial Group, Inc.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance
- GuideOne Insurance
- Holmes Murphy & Associates
- Homesteaders Life Company
- The IMT Group
- John Deere
- Merchants Bonding CompanyTM
- Mortgage Compliance Advisors, LLC
- NCMIC Group, Inc.
- Rain and Hail, a CHUBB Company
- Sammons Financial Group
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa
- Wells Fargo & Co.
Did you know?
The Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA), headquartered in Des Moines, has hosted 43 startups representative of eight countries per 2020 GIA. Learn more here.
Did you know?
The Global Insurance Symposium (GIS), held annually in Des Moines, has welcomed more than 2,700 attendees from 13 countries since its inception in 2014. Learn more here.