DSM CEOs Commit to Racial Equity in the Workplace
More than 140 Greater Des Moines (DSM) CEOs and business leaders have already signed the recently announced CEO Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM. The commitment was developed by the Greater Des Moines Partnership and its Inclusion Council, with input from The Directors Council through its One Economy Blueprint for Action, as well as Capital Crossroads leadership.
The One Economy Blueprint for Action addresses issues surrounding five key areas — employment, financial inclusion, education, housing and health — and how businesses and leadership organizations, as well as policymakers can drive change and reduce these disparities within the DSM community. Watch a recent webinar on the Blueprint for Action here.
The Partnership is asking CEOs and top-level leaders of companies, organizations and public entities in DSM to consider signing onto this commitment to racial equity and to create equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces and communities.
Commitment to Racial Equity in DSM
Leveraging the power and privilege that we each possess to influence local and state policies that lead to racial equity and social justice.
- Supporting the One Economy Blueprint for Action, its problem-solving goals, strategies and key metrics that help us meaningfully move toward racial equity in DSM.
- Ensuring diverse representation in our businesses at all levels that is propelled by inviting diverse perspectives to every conversation and every table.
- Embracing inclusive talent attraction, hiring and career development practices that increase access to and support the advancement of people of color in our workplace.
- Investing in diversity, equity and inclusion education and training that is rooted in racial equity and recognizes the impact of systemic racism past and present.
- Promoting supplier diversity initiatives that support minority-owned businesses and leverage the purchasing power of our organizations.
- Affirming that our efforts will endure and that we will continually discuss and share ways to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive DSM.
See a complete list of CEOs/top executives who have signed the CEO Commitment to date here. If you are a CEO/top executive at your organization and would like to sign the commitment, please email Angie Stepsis at astepsis@DSMpartnership.com.
Find diversity and inclusion resources from The Partnership by clicking here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,500 Regional Business Members and more than 365 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.
Greater Des Moines (DSM) welcomes diverse talent to the region. As one of the fastest growing business communities, inclusion and attracting diverse talent in the workplace is a key strategy of the Greater Des Moines Partnership. Learn more here.