With a network of more than 6,500 Members, the Greater Des Moines Partnership provides a strong, collective voice on business matters and public policy issues in addition to initiatives that benefit regional businesses directly and strengthen the regional economy as a whole. Members can elevate their visibility, stay connected, network and expand regional leadership.
The Partnership's Membership will reinforce and elevate the economic vitality and continued growth of Greater Des Moines (DSM). Members have access to many benefits, including:
- A wide range of tools to help their business and workforce grow.
- Specialized industry research and comprehensive demographic and business climate information.
- Enhanced connections with potential clients, exclusive resources and tools to help their business grow.
- A Member directory of local businesses and the community at large.
- An option to invest in The Partnership to help champion their dynamic and bustling DSM business community.
- An opportunity to communicate the needs of the region throughout the year to elected officials, becoming a public policy agenda advocate at the local, state and federal levels.
- Resources for finding and retaining a vibrant workforce.
- Up-to-date news and information on business and community news, including professional development, networking events, development projects, city pride and community and regional news in DSM via a weekly email newsletter, a monthly print publication, multiple websites and social media platforms.
DSM plays host to minor league teams for all sports lovers. Arena football, baseball, basketball and hockey all have a presence in the metro. During each season, teams partner with our Affiliates to offer discounted tickets and other exclusive opportunities. Check our calendar of events for the next Chamber Night to support our local teams!
"The data clearly demonstrates the monetary and relational value of joining a local Chamber, while also gaining Membership to The Partnership. The dual-Membership model is unique and proven to be effective.”
— Meg Schneider, IOM, CAE, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Senior Vice President of Business Resources and Community Development
“Being involved with my local Chamber is not only good for our business, but it has allowed me to positively impact my community. Connecting to The Partnership's regional network has been tremendously valuable in making connections and growing professionally."
— Craig Erickson, Shive-Hattery, 2016 Affiliate Presidents’ Council Chair
“Your customers are more selective than ever when it comes to who they choose to do business with. Having an active role in your local Affiliate Chamber affords you great connectivity and exposure in your own community. What is even better is the dual-Membership model of the Greater Des Moines Partnership makes you part of a strong network of more than 6,400 Members, providing you a regional, national and even global voice.”
— Justin Brown, Downing Construction, 2017 Affiliate Presidents’ Council Chair
“Greater Des Moines continues to fight above its weight on the national stage due in large part to strong regional collaboration. The Partnership is focused on helping our Affiliate Chambers promote economic growth and prosperity across Central Iowa. Together, we are able to help our businesses grow and make our communities more vibrant.”
— Jay Byers, Greater Des Moines Partnership, CEO and President