Award Applications & Winners
Current Award Applications
The Inclusion Awards are awarded by the Greater Des Moines Partnership to honor employers who have championed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at their businesses and organizations and in the community. The awards were presented at the Inclusion Summit on Nov. 9, 2022. To qualify for the Inclusion Awards, organizations must be a regional Member or Investor of The Partnership.
Award categories by size of organization:
- Small (1 – 150 employees)
- Medium (151 – 500 employees)
- Large (More than 500 employees)
- Public Entities
Registration is open for the 2023 Inclusion Awards Learn more and apply here.
Learn more about the Inclusion Awards and see past winners.
Award Selection Council
Each year, a committee of members from The Partnership's Inclusion Council participates in a judges' panel to oversee the selection and presentation of The Partnership's Inclusion Award. Applications are evaluated, finalists are determined, an on-site visit is conducted and the committee convenes for a final assessment to determine the award winner(s).
For questions about the award or process, please contact Marvin DeJear, Jr., Ph.D, MBA.
2022 Inclusion Award Winners
- Principal Financial Group, Large Organization Category (more than 500 employees)
- ARAG Legal Insurance, Medium Organization Category (151–500 employees)
- Business Publications Corporation, Small Organization Category (1–150 employees)
- Evelyn K. Davis Center for Working Families, Non-Profit Category
- Polk County, Public Entity Category
- Equity Innovation Award: Athene and West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce for the Black & Brown Business Summit
Past Award Recipients
Economic Impact Awards
The Economic Impact Awards are presented in the fall by the Greater Des Moines Partnership. The Awards recognize regional companies for their outstanding contributions toward the economic vitality of Greater Des Moines (DSM).
2023 Economic Impact Award Winners
- Collins Aerospace
- Clow Valve Co.
- Dee Zee Manufacturing
- Worldwide Logistics
- Global Business Award: Kemin Industries
- Deal of the Year: OpenLoop Health
- Deal of the Decade: Meta Altoona Data Center
- Jon Kallen Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award, presented by Jennings Kallen Advisors: Connectify HR
- DSM Newcomer Award: Big Grove Brewery & Taproom
- CRE Partner of the Year: Justin Lossner, CCIM SIOR
- Economic Development Partner of the Year: Beth Balzer
- Economic Development Partner of the Year: Clyde Evans
Future World Of Work Innovation Award
The Future World of Work Innovation Awards will be announced at the Future World of Work Summit on Oct. 5. The Future World of Work Innovation Awards seek to honor and celebrate the success of organizations that have championed innovative efforts in talent attraction and retention to grow and develop the DSM region. To qualify for a Future World of Work Innovation Award, organizations must be an Investor or Regional Member of The Partnership.
Winners will be recognized in two categories:
- Innovation in Talent Pipeline Award: Celebrates unique strategies a company or organization has used to create and/or strengthen the talent pipeline, including work with K-12 schools and institutions of higher education, or innovative efforts to attract employees from inside and outside the Greater Des Moines (DSM) region.
- Innovation in Talent Retention Award: Celebrates unique strategies a company or organization has used to support current employees, including engagement efforts, flexibility/wellness, training opportunities and more.
Award applications are now closed.
Central Iowa YP of the Year Awards
The Central Iowa Young Professional of the Year Awards honors young professionals who make a difference in the region. These awards are presented by the Young Professionals Connection and Juice.