DSM Small Business Recovery Grant
A Reinvestment in DSM Small Businesses to Support Our Community and Our Quality of Life
Small businesses are the heart and soul of their local communities. It is these entities that help to make our Greater Des Moines (DSM) neighborhoods unique and show the spirit of our community. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of these businesses are experiencing immense hardship. In response, the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Polk County and the City of Des Moines teamed with Carlisle, Clive, Indianola, Johnston, Norwalk, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Warren County and Windsor Heights to create a grant program to help keep small businesses in business. We are — and plan to remain — DSM strong.
Small Business Recovery Grant Recipients
Congratulations to all recipients of the Small Business Recovery Grant. Please see a list of recipients here.
More recipients from cities throughout the region will be announced in coming days and weeks.
Applications are now closed.
- Sole-proprietors or businesses with 0 – 30 employees (at time of application) that have had restrictions placed on their operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Examples of businesses include, but are not limited to, retail stores, personal care services and restaurants.
- Must have a physical commercial location within the cities of Carlisle, Clive, Des Moines, Indianola, Johnston, Norwalk, Urbandale, West Des Moines or Windsor Heights, unincorporated Polk County or cities/unincorporated areas of Warren County.*
- Must have been in operation since July 1, 2019 or prior.
- Must be a for-profit business of any legal structure (non-profit organizations are not eligible).
*Businesses in other counties will be considered in some cases where cities may cross county lines.
- Grant awards will be $1,000 – $5,000, with up to $10,000 for businesses in the City of Des Moines.*
- See application for additional requirements.
*Additional funding available to businesses in the City of Des Moines due to Community Development Block Grant funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Application submissions and scoring are managed by Iowa Center for Economic Success. If you encounter issues with the application, please contact The Iowa Center at (515) 283-0940 or email@example.com.
In Partnership With: