Together with its Regional Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, The Partnership works to build a stronger region. The Partnership and its Affiliate Chambers crafted a dual-Membership model that combines the value of Chamber benefits with the value of Partnership benefits, meaning, by being a Member of a local Chamber of Commerce, businesses are automatically a member of The Partnership.
This dual-Membership model ensures that the organizations collaborate to promote open communication, diversity from each Affiliate and an expanding sphere of influence to engage in business development. This two-way partnership ensures that businesses in Greater Des Moines (DSM) thrive.
The Partnership supports 23 Regional Affiliate Chambers. It focuses on regional economic development and business development, and it creates an environment that welcomes and encourages business and community growth. The Partnership's strategic initiatives affect the region as a whole: economic development, talent development, Downtown development, business resources and community development, government and public policy, and communications and marketing. The Affiliate Chambers' programming elevates the voice of small business and creates connections for Members to access other local businesses and the community at large.
Regional Members of The Partnership have access to a wide range of resources to help their business and workforce grow. Some member benefits include:
- Regional marketing tools such as the online Regional Business Directory.
- Regional workforce recruitment assistance, including an online job/resume database.
- Business resources like Look Local First and online business tools.
- Regional advocacy in public policy at the local, state and national levels.
- Simplified administration of regional work to eliminate program duplication/competition.
- Regional activities raising standards for quality of life in Des Moines communities and national economic rankings.
To learn more about Affiliates, visit the Chamber news page.
To learn more about the benefits of becoming a Member of The Partnership, contact your community Chamber of Commerce (see list below):
Chambers of Commerce Affiliates of The Partnership: