DSM local challenge
The Greater Des Moines Partnership and Catch Des Moines jointly launched the DSM Local Challenge to encourage Greater Des Moines (DSM) residents to support local businesses while practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The DSM Local Challenge also encourages supporting small businesses providing business-to-business services such as professional development, consulting, printing, marketing, accounting, IT solutions and more.
About The Challenge
Here are the rules of DSM Local Challenge:
- Post a photo to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn to show how you support local small businesses.
- Tag three friends in your post to do the same.
- Use the verbiage “I support (name of business)” and the hashtag #DSMlocalchallenge.
- Cut and paste these instructions within your post.
Some easy ideas for the DSM Local Challenge are ordering takeout or delivery from a local restaurant, purchasing gift cards from local retailers or restaurants online, purchasing season passes to our local attractions and museums, booking future services at salons and spas — and more! The ways to support local businesses safely from your home are endless.
Let's Play Bingo
Take the DSM Local Challenge to a new level with a fun game of BINGO!
DSM Local Challenge Bingo encourages everyone to safely support local businesses at a distance in a new and creative way.
Tickets – Purchase a membership, season passes or tickets to cultural attractions, or even a virtual training seminar or event
- Retail Therapy – Shop online for clothing, jewelry, shoes
- Donate – Pay it forward! Consider donating to food banks, hospitals, nonprofits, blood banks, etc.
- Carry Out – Order local food, drink or dessert for curbside pick up
- Home Goods – Shop online for art, furniture, gardening or flowers
- Stay and Play – Plan a stay-cation with a gift card to a local hotel
- Entertainment – Book your spot at a future concert or purchase records, movies or board games
- Get Pampered – Schedule a future appointment or pay ahead for a haircut, massage, spa visit, mani/pedi
- Dining Delivered – Order a meal or treat for delivery
- Get Creative & Support Local – Think outside the box! Remember to keep in mind B2B services, too!
Here’s how to play!
- Download your bingo card. (Follow Catch Des Moines and the Greater Des Moines Partnership on social media for daily inspiration!)
- Every time you safely support local businesses in select categories, you can check a square off your bingo card. Be sure to post your purchase on social media and say “I support (name of business)”. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #DSMlocalchallenge to help inspire others to do the same.
- Play with your friends and see who becomes the next #DSMlocalchallenge Bingo champion!
#DSMlocalchallenge in DSM USA: