Registration Still Open for Events Focused on Business Funding
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (Feb. 16, 2018) – There is still time to register for a pair of events for businesses looking to raise capital. The Greater Des Moines Partnership will host the Capital For Your Business Seminar on Thursday, Feb. 22 and the Raising Capital Seminar on Thursday, March 8. Small business owners, entrepreneurs and startups can begin the year with an injection of capital by attending one of these events.
The Capital For Your Business Seminar is on Feb. 22.
- The Capital For Your Business Seminar will take place from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Partnership’s office, 700 Locust St., Ste. 100, Des Moines.
- This event is geared toward traditional businesses looking for bank financing types and expectations, alternate loans and grants and buying on contract. Types of businesses that may be interested in this event include restaurants, boutiques, medical practices, retailers, manufacturers and businesses in a trade industry. Businesses looking for working capital or capital to make large equipment purchases will benefit from this event.
- Presenters will include: Megan Milligan, President and CEO of the Iowa Center for Economic Success; Amy Vohs, Inventor of Lil’ Sidekick; Clint Dudley, Founder of Shade Tree Auto; Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives at The Partnership; and Christina Moffatt, Director of Small Business Resources for The Partnership.
The Raising Capital Seminar is being hosted by Square One DSM, an initiative of The Partnership, on March 8.
- The Raising Capital Seminar will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the BrownWinick Law Firm, 666 Grand Ave #200, Des Moines.
- This event is geared toward entrepreneurs and startup companies seeking strategic long-term investors often referred to as angel investors, seed investors or venture capitalists. Types of businesses that may be interested include software, technology, agtech, artificial intelligence and fast-growth businesses. Attendees that will benefit from this event are those that are looking to know how to pitch to investors, grow their business quickly and sell or exit the company in five-to-seven years.
- Presenters will include: Charise Flynn, Founder of c.Results; Gabriel Glynn, CEO of MakuSafe; Sheldon Ohringer, Partner at Formation Partners; Chris Sackett and Joe Leo, Attorneys at the BrownWinick Law Firm; and Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives at The Partnership.
To register for these events, click here.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 23 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,100 Regional Business Members and more than 320 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.
About Square One DSM
Square One DSM’s mission is to connect entrepreneurial needs with qualified community and state resources and to provide guided professional and business direction. Square One DSM helps entrepreneurs maximize their successes by helping them navigate resources, strengthen knowledge, improve skills, form strategic alliances and secure proper capitalization. Learn more at squareoneDSM.com.