Raising Capital Seminar Announces Speakers
GREATER DES MOINES, IA – Startup company founders in Greater Des Moines (DSM) will have the opportunity to learn from other entrepreneurs and startup investors on how to successfully raise equity capital for their startups at the Raising Capital Seminar on Thursday, September 21. The event is hosted by Square One DSM, an initiative of the Greater Des Moines Partnership, and the BrownWinick Law Firm. It will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the BrownWinick Law Firm, 666 Grand Ave. #2000
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from entrepreneurs who have been in their position as well as equity investors who directly fund startup companies. Topics will include how to raise money, how to find and secure money from investors and how to maintain relationships with angel investors after obtaining funding. The Raising Capital Seminar's speakers include:
- Charise Flynn, Owner of c.Results, LLC specializing in strategic planning, executive leadership, team leadership, operational execution and raising capital. Flynn is a former Chief Operating Officer of Dwolla leading teams in the areas of legal, compliance, risk, customer support, human resources and finance.
- Chris Sackett, Managing Partner at the BrownWinick Law Firm, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, angel, venture capital and private equity-funded companies and related transactions.
- J.D. Geneser, Senior Partner and Shareholder at LWBJ directing LWBJ Capital Advisors' consulting and investment banking practices, assisting clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, capital formation and financing strategies, valuation services, due diligence, business and strategic planning, business startups and operational and financial consulting.
- Tej Dwahan, Co-Founder of Plains Angels and StartupCity Des Moines, and he serves as Interim Director of the Iowa AgriTech Accelerator. He is also a Partner in Entrepreneurial Technologies, Mango Seed Investments and Formation Partners.
- Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives of the Greater Des Moines Partnership focusing on coaching, mentoring, consulting and networking. Colwall is a Co-Founder and Co-Manager of Plains Angels and was instrumental in starting the Global Insurance Accelerator and AgriTech Accelerator.
Startup founders are encouraged to sign up quickly as space is limited. Registration is $30.
About Square One DSM
Square One DSM’s mission is to connect entrepreneurial needs with qualified community and state resources and to provide guided professional and business direction. Square One DSM helps entrepreneurs maximize their successes by helping them navigate resources, strengthen knowledge, improve skills, form strategic alliances and secure proper capitalization. Learn more at squareoneDSM.com.
About the BrownWinick Law Firm
With a full range of practice areas and a track record of uncovering novel, sophisticated solutions to the most complex legal challenges, one law firm means business: BrownWinick. BrownWinick not only protects your interests, we put you in a stronger competitive position in the marketplace. From commercial to labor law, from litigation to intellectual property representation, BrownWinick works as a true partner with our clients, studying your business and anticipating your needs. Whether you're a small start-up or a Fortune 1000 corporation, our firm commitment to business makes us a formidable ally and a powerful advocate. Learn more at brownwinick.com.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 23 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce and more than 6,000 Regional Business Members, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes Des Moines as the best place to build a business, a career and a future.