Partnership to Host Candidate Forum Series
The Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Government Policy Council, in partnership with the Young Professionals Connection (YPC) and the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, will host a Candidate Forum Series leading up to the November elections. Iowa Congressional candidates will have the opportunity to share their ideas with Central Iowans in a town hall-style format. The following candidates are confirmed:
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29: Christopher Peters (R), running for the House of Representatives in the 2nd Congressional District.
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 4: Congressman David Young (R), running for re-election in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District.
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 13: Patty Judge (D), running for the U.S. Senate.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 13: Congressman Steve King (R), running for re-election in Iowa’s 4th Congressional District.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 18: Congressman Dave Loebsack (D), running for re-election in Iowa’s 2nd Congressional District.
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25: Jim Mowrer (D), running for election in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District.
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27: Senator Chuck Grassley (R), running for re-election in the U.S. Senate.
All Iowa Congressional candidates from both major parties have been invited to participate. More forum dates and times will be announced upon confirmation.
All Candidate Forum Series events will take place at the Greater Des Moines Partnership, 700 Locust St. Ste. 100. Candidates will speak for approximately 25 minutes and allow approximately 25 minutes for a question-and-answer session. Events are free for Partnership Regional Business Members and Investors, YPC Members and Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Members. Registration is $25 for other members of the general public. A light breakfast or lunch, sponsored by CenturyLink, will be served. To register, click here.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,400 Regional Business Members and more than 340 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.