More Details Announced for April 5 Accelerate DSM Event
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (March 15, 2018) — More speaker and presentation information has been announced for the third annual Accelerate DSM event on Thursday, April 5. The daylong event at the Science Center of Iowa will allow startups and entrepreneurs to gain key takeaways on how to cultivate and accelerate their business. Accelerate DSM is produced by the Greater Des Moines Partnership.
Keynote sessions throughout the day will feature information on trials, tribulations and lessons learned from successful entrepreneurs:
- Tej Dhawan, Chief Data Officer for Principal, will give a presentation titled “Unless You Dream Big, You’re Building a Small Business.” Dhawan has a background in small business ownership, startup advocacy and accelerator mentorship.
- Brian Hemesath, Managing Director of the Global Insurance Accelerator, will give a presentation titled: “FOL (Failing Out Loud)! Lessons from Some of the Stupidest Things I’ve Done.” Hemesath has built a career around technology startups as founder and co-founder of two successful businesses serving multiple industries in addition to his role at the Global Insurance Accelerator, which is designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting startups that target the global insurance industry.
- Andrew Kirpalani, Co-founder of Workhound, will give a presentation titled: “Ramen. Roaches. Riches? — A Rather Blunt Telling of the Workhound Story Thus Far.” At Workhound, Kirpalani leads all things product and has over 10 years of experience in development and product management work in employee engagement, aviation and the automotive aftermarket.
The event will hold roundtable sessions featuring dozens of topics led by experts throughout the startup ecosystem. Additionally, a digital marketing strategies panel will include:
- Gregory Bailey, CEO and Founder of Denim®
- Mike Draper, Founder and Owner of RAYGUN
- Matt Ostanick, CEO and Founder of Funnelwise
- Courtney Yuskis, Audience Development Director at Meredith Agrimedia
Kaylee Williams, President of Volunteer Local, will moderate the event and the digital marketing strategies panel.
“Accelerate DSM is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs across the region to learn valuable advice on growing their business,” said Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives at the Greater Des Moines Partnership. “Through the business connections they make and the lessons they learn at the event, attendees will gain resources to accelerate their business.”
Accelerate DSM is made possible by the following sponsors: BrownWinick Law Firm, the Iowa Economic Development Authority, Ankeny Alliance, the City of Des Moines, the Drake University Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship Outreach, LWBJ and the Technology Association of Iowa.
See the full agenda, including speaker information and roundtable discussion topics, and register for the event at accelerateDSM.com.
About Square One DSM
Square One DSM’s mission is to connect entrepreneurial needs with qualified community and state resources and to provide guided professional and business direction. Square One DSM helps entrepreneurs maximize their successes by helping them navigate resources, strengthen knowledge, improve skills, form strategic alliances and secure proper capitalization. Learn more at squareoneDSM.com.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 23 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,100 Regional Business Members and more than 320 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.