How to Become a Vendor at the Downtown Farmers' Market
The selection of vendors for the annual Downtown Farmers’ Market season is a competitive one, but not a difficult one thanks to a streamlined process for applicants.
Steps for Potential Market Vendors
Are you a participant of or have you been approved for the Minority-Owned Small Business Incubator Program? Or do you fall into one of the following categories: prepared food vendors, artisan food vendors, farmers? If so, follow these steps by Sunday, July 24 to apply for the second half of the 2022 Downtown Farmers’ Market season:
Step One: Read the Vendor Information Guide and learn more about how to become a vendor at The Market
- Step Two: Create a profile. You must create a profile prior to applying!
- Click here to create a profile on Marketspread.
- Follow along here for additional instructions.
- Step Three: Fill out application.
- Click here to apply to the Downtown Farmers' Market.
If You’re a New Vendor …
To ensure that The Market’s products are of the highest quality — fresh and locally grown in Iowa — a jury will select new vendors based on the completion of questions about the potential vendor’s business, including information gathered from photos of the product and details about the business owner and their experience at local markets. The vendor jury decides which vendors are approved by the following areas: appearance, originality, quality of ingredients/products, craftsmanship, final product, experience and fit into the The Market.
Information Needed from New Vendors
- 3+ pictures of your product(s)
- 1+ picture of your workspace/studio/farm (i.e. the area where you
create/grow/produce the product you applied to sell)
- 1+ picture of your on-site booth set up. If you don’t have a picture of your
booth, a sketch will be acceptable.
- What are some distinguishing factors that make your product different
from what is already offered at the Downtown Farmers’ Market? (gluten-
free, sugar-free, locally made, certified organic, etc.)
- Where is the farm/studio/building where are the items created/grown, etc.?
- Where do you get the supplies/materials that you need for your product?
- Vendor/Business Owner
- Who is the maker? Who creates/farms/grows/produces the product(s)?
- Who will be physically at The Market selling your product(s)?
- Have you participated in other farmers’ markets or events in Iowa or other states? If yes, please list them.
Watch the video below for more information on how to apply to The Market as a new vendor:
New vendors should email this information to farmersmarket@downtownDSMUSA.com by Sunday, July 24 to be considered, as well as fill out the information at th application links above.
From May to October, experience local artists, live music and entertainment at the Downtown Farmers’ Market featuring nearly 300 family farmers, bakers, artists and crafters from around the state. It’s easy to visit with plentiful and affordable street and ramp parking options.