Downtown DSM Hide And Seek Ornaments You Keep
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is providing a fun, surprise activation called Downtown DSM Hide and Seek Ornaments You Keep. Each day for the next 10 days, a local artist will be placing ornaments in different locations in Downtown Des Moines (DSM). Each artist will produce 15 ornaments to be placed over the course of the 10-day period. Ornaments will be located in trees near retailers, restaurants and attractions in Western Gateway, Historic Court District, central Downtown and the Historic East Village to encourage patrons to shop local while participating in the scavenger hunt.
How to Participate
Artists will make sure that ornaments are easily accessible and will post pictures and clues on the whereabouts of the ornaments each day using #downtownDSM and #DSMlocal. Interested individuals can also find more information as well as ornament photos on @downtownDSMUSA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Participants who find ornaments can take their favorite one home with them.
Local Artists & Placement Dates
Local artists and ornament placement dates for Downtown DSM Hide and Seek Ornaments You Keep include:
- Molly Spain — Monday, Dec. 14
- Katelyn McBurney — Tuesday, Dec. 15
- Benjamin Gardner — Wednesday, Dec. 16
- Nicole James — Thursday, Dec. 17
- Emily Newman and Edward Kelley — Friday, Dec. 18
- Rachel Buse — Saturday, Dec. 19
- Cat Rocketship — Sunday, Dec. 20
- Jennifer Leatherby — Monday, Dec. 21
- Alex Braidwood — Tuesday, Dec. 22
- Molly Spain — Wednesday, Dec. 23
The Partnership worked with Group Creative to help execute this project. The ornament scavenger hunt runs from Dec. 14 – Dec. 23.
To learn more about shopping local in Greater Des Moines (DSM), visit #DSMlocal web page and check out the #DSMlocal Buying Guide.