World Food & Music Festival
For DSM Visitors and Residents Who Love to Explore Food + Culture.
- Western Gateway, Downtown DSM.
- Admission: Free (Vendor Purchases Encouraged) and Open to the Public.
The World Food & Music Festival welcomes 80,000 visitors to explore culture and cuisine across six city blocks in Western Gateway in Downtown Des Moines (DSM). The 17th year of the event took place Sept. 16 – 18, 2022 and included programming such as:
Cooking Challenge: A few teams race to create the perfect meal
- Culinary Discovery Pavilion: Local chefs demonstrate their skills and offer samples
- Cultural Activity Pavilion: Cultural experiences including workshops, presentations and hands-on activities
- Cultural Stage: Local groups and artists share music, dance and spoken word and provide around-the-world experiences
- Fruit Adventure Tent: Attendees can stop to celebrate fruit from around the world
- Naturalization Ceremony: The Festival hosts a naturalization ceremony and helps celebrate our newest U.S. citizens.
- Festival Front Porch: Features special beer, wine and cocktails.
- Main Stage: Features an array of local and headlining musicians
The World Food & Music Festival showcases flavors from around the world found right here in DSM with around 50 food vendors. The Festival is a welcoming and open environment that strives to create an even more inclusive region where everyone can feel at home and celebrate their heritage and culture. It also welcomes local nonprofits, for-profit company booths, merchants selling worldly items and live music.