Live Music This Week in DSM: Nov. 8 – 13, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Dani Aceto at Greenwood Lounge on Tuesday, Nov. 8, Erek Wright at Stuffed Olive on Wednesday, Nov. 9 and Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Doc’s on Friday, Nov. 11.
Tuesday, Nov. 8
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns plays his new album “Year of the Jumping Flea” at 5 p.m. – Live Streaming
- MFK at The Lift at 7 p.m.
- Des Moines Irish Session at Magee’s Irish Pub & Eatery in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Dani Aceto at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 9
Bradford Johnson at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free Uunless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Erek Wright at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Mike Aceto at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Jack Curtis/Phineas Pope Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- The Muddy Walter Band at Lefty’s at 6:30 p.m.; $5
- Tanner Taylor at DSM SILTFest (table food farms) at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; Free (food available)
- Bill Matykowski at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Kathy Mattea at Temple Theater in Western Gateway at 7:30 p.m
- Mr Softheart with Modeling, Gravity’s Constant at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 10
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- DennisKain & Dan Jones at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Unforgiven at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Live Jazz Organ Trio at The Brick Room in Grimes at 6:30 p.m. BYOB/WINE/Snacks
- Vocalist Aviana Gedler & Co. at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Dan Trilk at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Beer Choir - Open Sing at The Drift in Winterset at 7 p.m.
- Turner center Jazz Orchestra - The Lovely Bones at Turner Jazz Center at Drake University at 7:30 p.m.; $30
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 11
Rag Doll Incident at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 1 p.m.
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Levi Smith at Paws & Pints at 5 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Josh Sinclair at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5:30 p.m.
- Acousti-Beast & Friends at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Scott Davis/Jamie Poulson Duo at The Cave DSM at 6 p.m.
- Charlson Trio with Amber at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- DM Project at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- LA Vocalist Rose Colella - National Act at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $30, VIP $60, Bar/Hightop $20
- Josh Sinclair at Surety Hotel at 7 p.m.
- Taylor and Jake at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Vida Sisters at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Ky Groon at Brightside Aleworks in Altoona at 7 p.m.
- Grill n’ Kain at The Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Exit 113 at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 7 p.m.
- Moors & McCumber at Temple Theater in Western Gateway at 7:30 p.m.; $30
- Wu Fei & Abigail Washburn at Sheslow Auditorium at Drake University at 7:30 p.m.
- Strang Dang Doodle with David Redfern, John Redig at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 7:30 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Paws for a Cause at Sherwood Forest Event Center in Windsor Heights at 7:30 p.m.; $50 $75 for a couple, $500 for table of eight
- FanGirl Fantasy: One Direction vs 5 Seconds of Summer at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $18-20
- Charlie Burg with Genevieve Stokes at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $15
- Justin Jarrell at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Final Mix at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- Jake McVey Band at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Sing Along Piano Party with PJ at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Fore Seasons in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Rick Burke at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Round A Bout at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Robert Dietch Band at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Duma, ONO, Masma Dream World, Sarin at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $12-15
- Gorgatron, The Rising Plague, Bloodgeon, Frontal Assault at Lefty’s at 9:30 p.m. (Doors); $15
Saturday, Nov. 12
Sharane Calister at Downtown Winter Farmers' Market at 9 a.m.
- Des Moines Festival of Music & Fine Arts at Franklin Jr. High Event Center at 2 p.m.
- Sumpin Doo at Hawkeye Elks Lodge 160 at 4 p.m.; $5
- Kris Karr at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- Hamilton Loomis at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $15-18
- The High Bidders at 515 Brewing in Clive at 6 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 6 p.m. (Following game)
Miann Surya at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
- Arteamus Crow featuring Scott Eggleston at Blues & BBQ Dinner – Benefit for CIBS Blues Music Education (BluesME) programs at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 6:30 p.m.; $40-50
- Ducharme-Jones Band at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- RIFFS FOR A CURE II: Benefit — All Things Lost, The Curse of Hail, Guilty of Treason, Safe Space, Crisis Child at Lefty’s at 7 p.m.; $12-15
- Eric Thompson Quintet at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $50, Bar/Hightop $15
- Salt Creek at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Tyler Frazier at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- The Black Jacket Symphony performing Led Zeppelin IV at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $22 to $32
- Alice Unchained: Alice in Chains Tribute with Big Bang Maybe: Stone Temple Pilots Tribute at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $12-15
- Display Case EP Release with Seth Cloe and the Silver Liners, Hot Kunch, Shake Them Bones at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $12-17
- Jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Dustin Farrow and the Relics at East Side Eddie’s at 8 p.m.
- Toaster at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Buckmiller/Schwager Blues Duo at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Cover That! at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- MFK at Yacht Club at 8:30 p.m.
- Driving Blind at Mickey’s in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Elour, Ephraim Zenh, Honey Dick at Gas Lamp at 9 .m.; p $10
Bad Donkey at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- AfterShock at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 13
The Midlanders at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 2 p.m.
- Local Music Showcase at Teehee’s Comedy Club in Western Gateway at 3 p.m.
- Nick Rueckert/Aaron Ehrlich Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Gaylin Sudik Orchestra at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Collaboration Station Open Jam at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 6 p.m.
- Anna Tivel with Christopher Perterfield (Field Report) at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $15-20
- Amy Helm at Temple Theater in Western Gateway at 7:30 p.m.; $20 to $45
- Joe Bonamassa at Des Moines Civic Center at 8 p.m.; $64 to $204