Live Music This Week in DSM: Nov. 29 – Dec. 4, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Willie Mac & The Lost Cousins at Greenwood Lounge on Wednesday, Nov. 30, Nada Silent Night at Hoyt Sherman Place on Thursday, Dec. 1 and jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village on Saturday, Dec. 3.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “Garbage Day: Again” at 5 p.m. – Live Streaming
- Sugar Valley at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Des Moines Irish Session at Beaverdale Neighborhood at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 30
Bradford Johnson – Holiday Set at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- The Snacks at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
Brian Congdon at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Adrian Ruiz/Nick Rueckert Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- Dropout Kings with Switchblade Saturdays, Night Bees, Safe Space, Orphic Illusion at Lefty’s at 6:30 p.m. (Doors); $12 adv.
- Kody West with Holly Beth at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $15
J. Jeffrey Messerole at 503 Cocktail Lab in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Willie Mac & The Lost Cousins at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 1
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- David Watson at Board & Batten in Dallas Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Vocalist Amber Duimstra at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Luke Fox at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Geoffrey Jr. Solo at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 8 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 2
NOLA Jazz Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 5 p.m.; $15
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Tyler Frazier at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (unless you bring a dog - membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Grill & Kain with special guests at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- The Juan & Only at El Toreado in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
Jesse & The Medicine Men at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
Nada Silent Night at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 7 p.m.; $23 general admission, VIP $53
- The Soul Searchers at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Toni Williams at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- The Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Twisted Vine Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Jason Reed at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Mike Aceto at Sons Chicken Coop Bar & Grill in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Severio Mancieri at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
Sean Sullivan at The Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Lady Revel with The Second Shift, Betsy Hart at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- Sister Sara at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Over Drive at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- Hold On at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- The Snacks at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
Night Like This at Thunderhead Chicken Coop in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
Prodigal Stranger at The Thunderdome in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Heath Alan Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- The Feel Right at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- Diverging Clear at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- The Boys at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Shock Collar at Good Times, Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- Danny Spain Gang with Strang Dang Doodle at Lefty’s at 9:30 p.m.; $10 online, $15 Door
Saturday, Dec. 3
Jim McDonough & his Orchestra – 20th Anniversary Christmas Tour at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 2:30 p.m.; $58 - $68
- Sumpin Doo at Hawkeye Elks Lodge 160 at 4 p.m.; $5
- Kris Karr solo at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- Final and Free Show in the “Old” Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines – Dose, Chill Mac, Display Case, Bigsmoke SP, Art Monk, Glass Ox, Hardship, Cursed Experience, Moon Summoner, DJ Richie Daggers between bands at 5 p.m.; Donations highly encouraged
- Sara Routh at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Old Hippie Machine at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- The Mondeau Dukes at Pella Kerstmarkt at 6 p.m.
- The Cardinal Sound at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 6:30 p.m.; $5
- Malcolm Wells & The Two Timers at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- When We Were Emo – 5 bands at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $15
- The Blake Shaw Big(ish) Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $45, Bar/Hightop $15
- Tony Bohnenkamp at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Country River Band at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Standing Hampton at Bennigans on Merle Hay in Urbandale at 7 p.m.
- Nick Hermann at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
Major Blues & the Mugshots at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
BitterSweet Nation at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Peter Mayer at Progressive Voices at First Unitarian Church at 7:30 p.m.; $22-27
- Jenna Huston at Sticks & Balls Indoor Golf and Bar in Indianola at 7:30 p.m.
- Red Hott & KISSing Time – Motley KISSmas Show at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $12
- Jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- JANA at East Side Eddie’s at 8 p.m.
- Toaster at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Ducktail Lounge in Clive at 8 p.m.
- Robert Deitch at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Robbie Huffaker at 1st St Tavern in Grimes at 8 p.m.
- Jimmy the Weasel at Mickey’s in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- The Unfortunate Sons at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- JJ & The Boys at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Mere Shadows with The Getaways and Resurrection Mary at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 8 p.m.
- Recoil at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 4
Cane Hill with Divide The Fall, Wyldra & Steal The Sky at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $15 adv.
Bill Bergren/Tanner Taylor Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Stardusters at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- MooseKnuckle at Maggie's Rumble Room at 6 p.m.
- Freddy Gazzo: Holiday Concert at Salisbury House at 7 p.m.; $50
- LITTLE TREE: Drake University Choir Concert at Sheslow Auditorium at Drake University at 7:30
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.