Live Music This Week in DSM: Nov. 15 – 20, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Dan Trilk at Stuffed Olive on Wednesday, Nov. 16, Scott Stillwell on Thursday, Nov. 17 and various acts at the Des Moines Whiskey Festival at The River Center on Saturday, Nov. 19.
Tuesday, Nov. 15
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Des Moines Irish Session at Beaverdale Neighborhood at 7 p.m.
- Horn Studio Recital – Fall 2022 at Turner jazz Center at 7:30 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Jeff Banks Unplugged at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 16
Great American Ghost with 156 Silence, Hazing Over & Rig Time at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $13 adv
- Justin Goodchild at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Dan Trilk at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
NOLA JazzTrio at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- Chris Tomlin & Hillsong United at Wells Fargo Arena at 7 p.m.; $16 to $74
- THE DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, Student $7
- Jordan Beem at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Paul Little at McDivot’s in Grimes at 7:30 p.m.
- Triple J’s at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 17
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Josh Sinclair at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Eagles Hotel California Tour at Wells Fargo Arena at 6 p.m.; $249 to $597
- Tony McGhee Project at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Granger Smith featuring Earl Dribbles Jr. with support from Joe Stamm Band & Chris Colston at Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines at 6 p.m. (Doors); $30-35
- Saxophonist Heath Alan at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
Scott Stillwell at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Dropkick Murphys; This Machine … with Jaime Wyatt and Jesse Ahern at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 7:15 p.m.; $42 to $56
- Exhumed with Vitriol, Escuela Grind, Molder, Traffic Death at Lefty’s at 7:30 p.m.; $15-20
James Tutson with Halley Greg at IPR Studio One Presents at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Geoffrey Jr. Solo at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 8 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 18
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Rehtek with Exodia US, Viscerous, Ataraxis, Steal The Sky at Lefty’s at 5 p.m.; $10-15
Jake Kemble at Paws & Pints at 5 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- John Krantz/Randy Ward/Bryan Schumacker Trio at The Cave DSM at 6 p.m.
- Touch of Gray at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- JB Williams at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 6 p.m.
Jake Schrodt at Fenders Brewing in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- J. Jeffery Messerole at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Levi Smith at Sons Chicken Coop Bar & Grill in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Iowa’s Hip Hop Showcase Your Private Bar Services in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Dave Zollo at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- The Joyann Parker Band – National Act at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $50, Bar/Hightop $15
- Patresa Hartman and Russ Tomlinson at Surety Hotel at 7 p.m.
- Donley Blue at Peace Tree DSM at 7 p.m.
- Lucid Furs, Lou Heneise, Dead, Dead Swans, Steve Tannen of the Weepies at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 7 p.m.; $5 suggested donation
- Jordan Beem at The Hall in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Abigail Phelps at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Devon Miller at The Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Washer City Agitators at The Thunderdome in Newton at 7 p.m.
- Gimme Gimme Disco at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $17-20
- Allegra Hernandez Album Release with Haploid and Vee Ellsbury at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $15-20
- BitterSweet Nation at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Monkey3 at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- Richard Arndt at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Recoil at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Jesse & the Medicine Men at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Chad Elliott & Kathryn Severing Fox at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dustin Farrow & The Relics at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- Nothing Special at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Mike Ruby Band at Misfits at 9 p.m.
- Red Dirt Renegade at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- The Remedy at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- The Stars Go Out – Ben Diesel – Attacked By Badgers at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $10
Saturday, Nov. 19
DSM Whiskey Festival at The River Center in Market District; $48-108
- Templeton Rye VIP Patio
- Johnny Rage at Noon
- Lucas Beebe at 2 p.m.
- Makers Mark Tasting Room
- Jesse Wilson at Noon
- Jordan Beem at 1 p.m.
- Tank Anthony at 2 p.m.
- Jenna Huston at 3 p.m.
- Templeton Rye VIP Main Stage
- DJRAJ at Noon
- SNACKS at 4 p.m.
- Adam Doleac at 5 p.m.
- Buffalo Trace Secret Speakeasy
- B.Well at Noon
- Tina Haase Findlay at 1:15 p.m.
- Max Wellman at 2:30 p.m.
- South Dallas County Crewcut Cowboy Band with Bob Pace at Gas Lamp at 4 p.m.
- The John and Dave Show at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- Flying Silos at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Brother Trucker at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Daniel Nunnelee with Noah Pope at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $12-15
- The BASSberry Jam at Lefty’s at 7 p.m.; $10
- Joyann Parker sings Patsy Cline – National Act at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $27, VIP $50, Bar/Hightop $20
- Dueling Pianos with Sam and Adam at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Coyote at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- The Unfortunate Sons at Pal Joey’s at 7 p.m.
- Fat Sky at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
Jordan Beem at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Black Dirt Ramblers – Cole Ellis Fundraiser at Cumming Tap in Cumming at 7 p.m.
- Jimmy the Weasel at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 7 p.m.; $10
- Night Like This at Flat Tire Lounge in Madrid at 8 p.m.
- Des Moines Symphony – The Planets at the Des Moines Civic Center at 7:30 p.m.; $15 to $70
- Amanda Shires with Honey Harper at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $20-25
- Jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- SPAM at East Side Eddie’s at 8 p.m.
- The People’s Band at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Opus Taylor at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Gladys Kravitz Lite at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Farm Rock at Fore Seasons in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Project TDS at Mickey’s in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Joyann Parker sings Patsy Cline – National Act at Noce in Western Gateway at 9 p.m.; $27, VIP $50, Bar/Hightop $20
- Heath Alan Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- The Feel Right Trio at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- Cover That at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Michael Moncada & Whiskey High at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- SpongeBob Rave at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $20
Sunday, Nov. 20
Matt Terronez Quartet at The Brick Room in Grimes at 4 p.m.; $10 BYOB/WINE/Snacks
- Bryce Janey Band with special guest Aaron Earl Short at Lefty's at 5 p.m. ($12 with CIBS membership card)
- Nate Sparks/Aviana Gedler Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Al Welsh at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- On Hiatus Friendsgiving Weekender with More Cheese, Garage Daze, Look @ Me at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 8 p.m.; $5
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.