Live Music This Week in DSM: May 24-29, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Eden Forrest on Wednesday, May 25, Dick Danger Band on Friday, May 27 and musical guests at Springfest at Riverview Park on Sunday, May 29. Don’t miss out on these local acts and others listed below.
Tuesday, May 24
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “Dealer’s Choice” at 5 p.m. – Local Streaming
- Guerrilla Warfare with Promise Breaker, Bardock, Choked Out at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $12
- Belin Quartet at Salisbury House at 5:30 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Juneteenth: The Movement 2022 – Iowa PBS & IPR taping a 90-minute event featuring Charlotte Blu, Jim Swim + ADE, Sharane Calister, Kevin Burt at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; free with registration
- Scott Eggleston and Neil Stoffergen at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, May 25
Royce Jones at Out To Lunch (15th Street from Grand Avenue to Locust Street) at 11 a.m.
- Jazz Wednesdays featuring Scott Johnson at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Eden Forrest at Stuffed Olive in the Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Scott Smith/Steve Charlson Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive on the patio at 6 p.m.
- Brian Herrin at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Black Dirt Ramblers at 7 p.m. – Local Streaming
- Coldsaint: THE FIVE FINGER CYPHER – Entre Luche, Benny The Jet, Skykrow, The Zeffster, The Des Moines Breakerz at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $10
- Des Moines Big Band – Season Finale at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, VIP $50, Bar seat/table $12, Student $5
- Lincoln Grimes at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Thursday, May 26
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Birdchild at Jasper Winery at 6 p.m.
- Blacktop at Music in the Junction in Historic Valley Junction in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- The Brick Room All Stars at The Brick Room in Grimes at 6 p.m.; $10 BYOB/Wine/Snacks
- Dave Rezek at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Joshua Sinclair at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny's Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Eleven Moons with No Good Deeds, Alleygrass at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- The Soul Searchers Organ Trio at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Friday, May 27
- CelebrAsian at Western Gateway Park
- Bryce Kai at the Main Stage at 2 p.m.
- Dang Felton at the Main Stage at 3 p.m.
- Andrew Hoyt at the Main Stage at 4 p.m.
- Joemari Alcones at the Main Stage at 5 p.m.
- Bollywood Performance at the Main Stage at 5:30 p.m.
- Sully Cavanaugh at Taidam Village at 5:40 p.m.
- D2G SocaFit at the Polk County Stage at 6 p.m.
- Asian Queens at the Main Stage at 6 p.m.
- Des Moinez Breakerz at the Main Stage at 7 p.m.
- Pri Yon Joni featuring Darika at the Main Stage at 8 p.m.
- Fuzon Unlimited at the Main Stage at 9 p.m.
- Robert Deitch at Middlebrook Farm in Cumming at 4:30 p.m.
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Del “Saxman” Jones at Truman’s Pizza Tavern on the patio at 5 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Food Truck Friday – Campbell Park in Clive at 5:30 p.m.
- Dave Zollo at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Birdchild at Confluence Brewery at 6 p.m.
- Dam Medeiros at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 6 p.m.
- Tommy Boynton at The Cave DSM at 6 p.m.
- The Sheet at Smash Park in West Des Moines on the patio at 6 p.m.
- Sean Sullivan at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Punching Pandas at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Night Like This at Smash Park in Pella on the patio at 6 p.m.
- Brick Imerman at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 6:30 p.m.
- Vocalist Lauren Vilmain at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $50, Bar seat/table $12
- Joshua Sinclair at Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing in the Historic Court District at 7 p.m.
- Brittany Sword at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Buckmiller Schwager Band at Boomers Lounge in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Exit 185 at Reclaimed Rails Brewing in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- The Matt Woods Band at Uptown Garage Brewing in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Chop Suey!: Tribute to System Of A Down at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $15
- Plumero EP Release at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- Eastside Drive with Hardway at Woody’s 8 p.m.
- Fahrenheit at Doc's Lounge in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- BitterSweet Nation at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Emmet Sheehan at Mistress Brewing in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Doozy’s Birthday Bash with T.O.T., GoKoo, Kyler Tobias, JandroBands, BenTen2X, Dirt Lxrd, Loco Buki at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.; $10
- Kevin Boehnke Trio at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- The Keys at Down Under Bar & Grill in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Caroline Doud Beer Can Alley in the Historic Court District at 9 p.m.
- Tyler Richton & The Highbank Boys at Miss Kitty's in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Cody Hicks at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- Jeff & The Effects, Stars in Toledo at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $12-15
- Roots Reggae at Yacht Club at 9:45 p.m.
Saturday, May 28
Freight Train Frank and Cindy Grill at La Mie Restaurant at 11 a.m.
- CelebrAsian at Western Gateway Park (Main Stage unless noted)
- Filipino Village at 11:15 a.m.
- Japanese Village/Soten Taiko at 11:45 a.m.
- Korean Village (KPAC) at 1:30 p.m.
- Thai Village at 2:05 p.m.
- Hmong Village at 2:30 p.m.
- Laos Village at 3:35 p.m.
- K-pop Dance Group at 4 p.m.
- Cambodian Village at 4:15 p.m.
- Pacific Islander Village - Aloha Wind at 4:30 p.m.
- Tribute Performance with Monica & Anthony Berenguel, Abby Smith, Paul Smith & Al Laudencia, Menlo Park, Charles Wandag Band and Vida Sisters at 6 p.m.
- D2G SocaFit at the Polk County Stage at 7 p.m.
- Lip Sync Battle at 7:30 p.m.
- Muzik Engine from Chicago at 8:30 p.m.
- The Snacks at Annie's Irish Pub in the Historic Court District at 11:45 a.m.
- Kevin Bodtke (Learn to play the harmonica and student harmonica giveaway) at West Des Moines Public Library at 1 p.m.
- Rehtek’s CD Release with Agony of Defeat, Claim Defeat, Spread Thin, Forever Tormented, Pharaohs at Lefty’s at 4:50 p.m.; $10-15
- Emmett Phillips’ Community Celebration – Oak Ridge Community Fundraiser – youth showcase, hip hop and R&B artists, poetry at xBk Live at 5:30 p.m.; $10-13
- Lady Birds/Looking for Luke at Winterset Cidery in Winterset at 5:30 p.m.; $10 per vehicle
- Very Big Machines/Broken Smoke at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- The Snacks at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 6 p.m.
- Mike Walsh at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
- Suede at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Sean Sullivan at Big Rack Brew Haus in Winterset at 6 p.m.
- Hawk McIntyre & Jake Doty at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 6:30 p.m.; $5
- Kaylyn Sahs at Surety Hotel at 7 p.m.
- Music at the Croation Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Luke Fox at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Cowboy Kicks at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 7 p.m.; $10
- The Matt Woods Band at Cellar Peanut Pub in Newton at 7:30 p.m.
- FlyLife and the Fam at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $20
- Tony Bohnenkamp at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- BitterSweet Nation at Kenny's Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Rainbow Penley Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dustin Farrow & The Relics at Zora at 9 p.m.
- The Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Down Under Bar & Grill in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Cody Hicks at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Brick & Ivy Rooftop in Altoona at 9 p.m.
- Mike Aceto at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- The Boys at Good Time in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
- November Hotel at Boggs' Hull Avenue Tavern at 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 29
Springfest at Riverview Park beginning at 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. | Diva & The Deacons
- 3:30 p.m. | Rex Granite Band feat, Sarah Benck
- 5 p.m. | Eliza Neals
- 7 p.m. | Nick Moss Band featuring Kate Moss
- The Songs of Gladys Kravitz at Summerset Winery in Indianola at 2 p.m.
- BitterSweet Nation at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 3 p.m.
- Choro Moingona at The Cave DSM at 3 p.m.
- Jake Kemble with Bob Pace (Take Me to The Bridge Music Series) at the Robert D. Ray Asian Garden/Oriental Pagoda in the Historic East Village at 4 p.m.
- Rolling Stowaways at Brickhouse Fitness on the lawn in Bondurant at 4 p.m.
- Scott Davis/John Mattingly Duo at Louie's Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- The Kenastons at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $11
- Lucas Beebe at Fleetwood at Saylorville in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Star Monster: MollieGit Down and Vibin with Friends at Platform at 9 p.m.; $10
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.