Live Music This Week in DSM: March 22-27, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in and around Downtown Des Moines (DSM) range from Dan Padley and double-Grammy-nominated Sara Gazarek at Noce to 10 performances at the DSM Book Festival at Capital Square from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22
- “Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant (Skywalk) at 11 a.m.
- Open Mic at Kelly’s Little Nipper in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Jack Symes with Eva B. Ross at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $12-15
- Korine, Gravity’s Constant at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $10-12
Wednesday, March 23
Anne & Dave Ducharme-Jones at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Scott Smith/Randy Ward Duo on the Louie’s Wine Dive patio at 6 p.m.
- The DMBB play Woody Herman at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, VIP $50, Bar seat/table $12, Student $5
- The Rumours, Bullet To The Heart, More Cheese at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $10
- Lincoln Grimes at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Thursday, March 24
Radical Operations/Bigby Woods/Americature at Lefty’s at 5:30 p.m. (Doors); $10
- Guitarist Dan Padley at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Luke Fox at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Modo - Love Life Mini Tour w/Meepmode, Doozy, True Edie at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.; $10
- BitterSweet Nation at Senor Tequila at 9 p.m.
Friday, March 25
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Bill Bergren/Bob Washut Duo at The Cave at 6 p.m.
- The Loud & Clear Tour: RITTZ/GRIEVES/TRIZZ/JAMES1STGEN/JAYVS at Lefty’s at 6:30 p.m.; $25-30
- Dave Zollo at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Double Grammy Nominated Sara Gazarek at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $40, VIP $80, Bar seat/table $20
- The Juan & Only - The Hit Master at Senor Tequila at 7 p.m.
- The Nadas at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $20-25
- Poundgame Addison at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-13
- River City Opry at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Anthony Worden & the Illiterati, The Host Country, King Wylde at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $10
Saturday, March 26
DSM Book Festival Performances on the Dotdash Meredith Main Stage at Capital Square from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- 9 a.m. | Bruce Day
10 a.m. | Lily DeTaeye
- 11 a.m. | Sara Routh
Noon | Matt Woods
- 1 p.m. | Ryne Doughty
2 p.m. | Lani
- 3 p.m. | Des Moines Playhouse's Final Act Ensemble
- 4 p.m. | J. Jeffrey Messerole
- 5 p.m. | Ace Jones
- 6 p.m. | Joshua Sinclair
- Rig Time/Drowning Life/Heir of Sorrow/Elision/Vestige at Lefty’s at 4 p.m. (Doors); $10
- The Unfortunate Sons at Gas Lamp at 4:30 p.m.; $10
- Fresh Fighters (Foo Fighters tribute) w/Hashpipe (Weezer tribute) at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $10
- Katy Guillen & The Drive w/Patresa Hartman Band at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-13
- Double Grammy-Nominated Sara Gazarek at Noce in Western Gateway Park at 7 p.m.; $40, VIP $80, Bar seat/table $20
- Salt Creek at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Elton John: Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour at Wells Fargo Arena at 8 p.m.; $225
- Antonym to X’s and O’s/The Wire Frames/Hot Kunch at Gas Lamp at 9 p.m.; $10
- Rainbow Penley Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Down Under at 9 p.m.
- Last Call with Max Wellman at Noce in Western Gateway Park at 9:30 p.m.
- Great Caesar’s Goat/Dream at The Angry Irishmen at 10 p.m.
Sunday, March 27
Bob Dorr and Jeff Peterson at Botanical Gardens at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; $10 (senior, veterans, youth, child prices too)
- Choro Moingona at The Cave DSM in Western Gateway Park at 3 p.m.
- Greet Death/Infant Island/Glass Ox at Gas Lamp at 4:30 p.m.; $10-12
- Steve Grismore/Bob Dunn Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Dan Tedesco at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $15-18
- Sunday Open Jam at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 7 p.m.
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.