Live Music This Week in DSM: Jan. 17 – 22, 2023
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes The Snacks at Gas Lamp on Thursday, Jan. 19, Damon Dotson at Wellman’s on Friday, Jan. 20 and Sushi Roll at Pura Social Club on Saturday, Jan. 21.
Tuesday, Jan. 17
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “NYE’s Leftovers, Part 2 Livestream” at 5 p.m.
MFKS at The Lift at 7 p.m.
- Des Moines Irish Session at Beaverdale Neighborhood at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
Locker & Co – guests; Danny Grause and Dante McCloud at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 18
J.B. Williams at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Del “Saxman” Jones at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- The DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, Student $7
- Triple J’s at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 19
- “Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Ron Burchett at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Casey Donahew at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Big Al’s BBQ in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Dirk Von Stein at Board & Batten, LLC in Dallas Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Heath Alan, Brian Schwager, Todd Mason at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- David Watson at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Somi at Temple Theater in Western Gateway at 7:30 p.m.; $20 to $45
- The Astronomers with Ryan Lombard at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $13-15
The Snacks at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood at 8 p.m.
- Geoffrey Jr. Solo at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 8 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 20
- Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Ryan Baade at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 5 p.m.
Ryne Doughty at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- DJ Chase Martin (Singles Night) at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Bill Matykowski at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- NOLA Jazz Duo at The Cave at 6 p.m.
- Chris Miller at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Kris Karr at Fenders Brewing in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Damon Dotson at Wellman’s on Ingersoll at 6:30 p.m.
- Dave Zollo at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Fly Me To The Moon: The Max Wellman Big Band Plays Sinatra & More at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; Table $28, VIP $48, Bartop $18
- Antonio Collins – a Jazz Event at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Brittany Sword at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- J. Jeffery Messerole at The Hall in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Chris Falcon at Pally’s in Clive at 7 p.m.
- Severio Mancieri at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- BitterSweet Nation at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Hudson Road at Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Washer City Agitators at The Thunderdome in Newton at 7 p.m.
- Deadline String Band & Wapsi River Ramblers Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $10
- Shock Collar at Kenny’s Garage, Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Sister Sara at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- Jake McVey at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Nick Hermann at Cabaret in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Ronley King Blues Band and Tom Spielbauer at Gas Lamp at 9 p.m.
- Electro-Beast at Greenwood at 9 p.m.
- Project TDS at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Salty View at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- FAUX at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 21
- Girls Rock! – Alt Rock: Herstory:Tegan and Sara featuring Allegra Hernandez at xBk Live at 1 p.m.; $10
- Sumpin Doo at Hawkeye Elks Lodge at 4 p.m.; $5
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- caliwrld Kelly, Tayysavo, Dessy & $ellar boiz, zandizi, xco$mox at The Fremont at 5 p.m.; $15-20
- Emmett Sheehan at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Randy Burk & The Prisoners at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Charlson Trio at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- TBA at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6 p.m.; $10
- The Fab Four: Gina Gedler sings Barbra, Bette, Linda and Peggy at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP $45, Bartop $15
- Beggars’ Bargain at Twisted Vine Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Coyote at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Dionne Warwick at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $75 to $250
- King Pari with Lady Revel at xBk Live; $12-17
The DRUM N BASSberry Jam at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $20
- Good Morning Bedlam with Andrew Hoyt at Gas Lamp in Western Gateway at 8 p.m.; $15-18
- The Other Brothers at Maggie’e Rumble Room at 8 p.m.
- Live Jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Sushi Roll at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Hauntology Demo Release Show with Ill Omen, Forever Tormented, Safe Space at Boggs’ Hull Ave Tavern at 8 p.m.; $5
- BitterSweet Nation at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Kevin Lindgren at 1st St Tavern in Grimes at 8 p.m.
- Orphan Annie at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Lucas Beebe at Fore Seasons in Newton at 8 p.m.
- Floyd - Pink Floyd Tribute at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8:30 p.m.; $20
- JJ and the Boys at Mickey’s in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- Heath Alan Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Final Mix at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Michael Moncada & Whiskey High at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 22
- Tony Bohnenkamp at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden in the Historic East Village at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; $10, Seniors $9
- Avey Grouws Trio at xBk Live at 3 p.m.; $10-15
- Local Music Showcase at Teehee’s Comedy Club at 3 p.m.
- Catbamboo with Ataraxis, Steal The Sky at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $12 adv
- John Krantz/Randy Ward Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Stardusters at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Collaboration Station Open Jam at Boggs’ Hull Ave Tavern at 6 p.m.
- School of Rock, WDM Spring 2023 Season Reveal Party at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.