Live Music This Week in DSM: Feb. 14 – 19, 2023
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Valentine's Day with Daarling & Kiefer Vance at Lefty's on Tuesday, Feb. 14, Napoleon Douglas & Co. at Noce on Thursday, Feb. 16 and Orphan Annie at Whiskey House in Ankeny on Friday, Feb. 17.
Tuesday, Feb. 14
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “Gets Romantic Dinner Hour Livestream” at 5 p.m.
- Open Mic Night hosted by Taylor King at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 5 p.m.
- Dang Felton at Valentine’s Day Dome After Dark at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden at 6 p.m.; $10 (Seniors $9)
- Valentine's Date Night – Tim & Jana West with Brian Mamola at Sherwood Forest Event Center in Clive at 6 p.m.; $150-200
- Joshua Sinclair – Valentine’s Day Show at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 6 p.m.
- DSM Irish Sessions at Magees in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- RiviEras – Sweetheart Dance at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 7 p.m.; $10
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day with Daarling & Kiefer Vance with TBA at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $5
- Mike Aceto at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 15
Jake Schrodt at Stuffed Olive at 6 p.m.
- Krantz/Schumacker/Ward Trio at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Music Jam with Beggars’ Bargain at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
- The DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, Student $7
- Triple J’s at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 16
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Black Dirt Ramblers at La Poste in Perry at 5 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Big Al’s BBQ in West Des Moines at 6
- Paul Little at Board & Batten LLC in Dallas Center at 6:30
- The Dip with Stephen Day at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $22
- Womanish Girl with Jenny Kohls Band at Lefty’s at 7 p.m.
- Vocalist Napoleon Douglas & Co. at Noce at 7 p.m.
- Kevin Best at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Mungion with Erf at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Triple J’s at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 17
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Freak Twent4 – All Things Lost – Crisis Child at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $10
- Bruce Day at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Willie James Shay at Sonny’s Pizza Bistro at 5:30 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Buccaneer Arena in Urbandale at 5:30 p.m.
- Sara Routh at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- The Juan & Only at El Toreado Mexican Bar & Grill in West Des Moines at 6 p.m.
- Iowa Playboys at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Bill Bergren Duet Project at The Cave at 6 p.m.
- Josh Sinclair – Valentine’s Bash at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Gabriel Espinosa’s ASHANTI Latin Jazz at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; Table $30, VIP $45, Bartop $20
- James Biehn Band at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.; $5
- Damon Dotson at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 7 p.m.
- Antonio Collins – a Jazz Event at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Rich Webster at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Jerry McGuire at Beer Can Alley at 7 p.m.
- The Drive-Ins at The Hall in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Chris English at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- J. Jeffery Messerole at Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Washer City Agitators at The Thunderdome in Newton at 7 p.m.
- Zap Tura set in Surround Sound with Anita Velveeta & Bodiah at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- Chris and Micah from Decoy at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- The Bond at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
Ted Stockton at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Orphan Annie at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- ClancyJones + The New Bodies + Adonis D Ross at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.
- Ducharme-Jones Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Mary Runyan Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Casey Muessigmann Band at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Jordan Beem at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Kris Lager Band at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $12-15
Saturday, Feb. 18
Dead Line String Band and Strang Dang Doodle at Bluegrass in the Beer hall at Exile Brewing at 2 p.m.
- Sumpin Doo at Elks Lodge at 4 p.m.; $10 (goes to Elks Lodge Mission duties)
- Dustin Baird at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- Cabaret with Vocal Arts Ensemble Fundraiser at Noce in Western Gateway at 6 p.m.; $50, 2-top table $100, 4-top table $200, 6-top table $300, front row 4-top $300
- Drama Kings at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Crystal Blue at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6 p.m.; $10
- Elision “EP Release” featuring NonGrata/SafeSpace/CrimsonCleanSweep/Nyhilist at Gas Lamp at 6:30 p.m.; $12-15
- Luke Fox at Twisted Vine Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Coyote at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- The Experience with East Side Drive at DSM Fraternal Order of Eagles 109 at 7 p.m.; (Breakfast served for $5 – cash only at FOE)
- The Adaptors at Ducktail Lounge in Clive at 7 p.m.
- Jesse & The Medicine Men at Pancho’s Friendly Confines in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- DJ (name) Fisher at Fiddle & Whistle Irish Pub, Marshalltown at 7 p.m.
- Iowa Guitar Quartet – HICGS Fundraiser at Iowa Culinary Institute in Ankeny at 7:30 p.m.; $20
- Joint Recital: Darbi Hight, viola, and Clifford William, violin, at Sheslow Auditorium at Drake University at 7:30 p.m.
- Dueling Fiddles + FULL BAND DEBUT at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- The Drowsy Lads (Irish-American Folk Powerhouse) at Franklin Jr. High Events Center at 8 p.m.; $30
- The BASSberry Jam at Lefty’s at 8 p.m.; $20
- Live Jazz at The Continental at 8 p.m.
JJ & the Boys at East Side Eddie’s at 8 p.m.
- JJ & the Boys at East Side Eddie's at 8 p.m.
- The People’s Band at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- James Biehn Band at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- Chris Ranallo & Micah Wagner at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Adam Whitehead at Whiskey Barrel Pub in Prairie City at 8 p.m.
- Emo Nite with Forrest Kline of Hellogoodbye at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 9 p.m.; $16
- Heath Alan Band at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- GYASI at Maggie’s Rumble Room at 9 p.m.
MFKS at Yacht Club at 9 p.m.
- 3 Finger Betty/All things Lost/Blacked Out World/The Marys Bogg's Birthday Bash at Boggs' Hull Avenue Tavern at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- The Snacks at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 19
Heath Alan at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden at 1 p.m.; $10, Seniors $9
- John Krantz/Bryan Schmacker/Randy Ward Trio at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 2 p.m.
- Willie Mac at Covered Bridges Winery in Winterset at 2 p.m.
- Senior Recital: Paul Ching, violin, with Christ Pearson, piano, at Sheslow Auditorium at Drake University at 2:30 p.m.
- Heath Alan at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden at 3 p.m.; $10, Seniors $9
- Betsy Hickok/Ron Roberts Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Gaylin Sudik & Friends at Lake Robbins Ballroon in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $134
- This is Me Breathing/For Fear Itself and more at Lefty's at 6 p.m.; $15
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.