Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Recognizes 2016 Community Leadership Program Graduates
The Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute announces the graduation of 49 leaders from the private, public and nonprofit sectors who participated in the Leadership Institute’s Community Leadership Program. The nine-month course raises awareness of the needs and challenges that affect the region and builds leadership skills to help participants become better community stewards.
Each year, Community Leadership Program participants select five civic engagement projects that facilitate meaningful leadership experiences for the class members and benefit local non-profit organizations. The Class of 2016 made a lasting impact on the community through their work with the following organizations and projects.
- Eat Greater Des Moines: Developed and implemented a food rescue educational and promotional campaign.
- Iowa Homeless Youth Centers: Created an art room and art programming for the new Youth Opportunity Center.
- Joppa Outreach: Researched and advocated for a “Tiny Home Village” to serve as transitional housing for homeless individuals.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa: Researched and developed a plan for repurposing an exterior respite area for families.
- Youth Emergency Services and Shelter: Researched and implemented plans to improve retention and satisfaction of employees and volunteers.
The following individuals will be recognized at the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Honors luncheon on May 19th for their successful completion of the Community Leadership Program:
- Jeff Ackley, Berkley Technology Services
- Greg Baker, MetaBank
- Amy Baker, City of Ankeny
- Sarah Barthole, Principal
- Ann Baughman, Iowa Prison Industries (State of Iowa)
- Kristina Brown, Wells Fargo
- Mark Brown, Central Bank
- Steve Carlson, Wells Fargo
- Jaci Dammeier, RSM US LLP
- Tracy Duran, Des Moines Art Center
- Ben Fee, Dorsey & Whitney
- Joe Feldmann, OPN Architects
- Brianne Fitzgerald, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa
- Adam Flack, Iowa Events Center
- Brandon Foldes, Bluestone Project Solutions
- Mollie Giller, Amanda the Panda
- Marina Grabchuk, Davis Brown Law Firm
- Jeremy Hamp, Mercer
- Scott Hoekman, Next Level Ventures
- David Hofmann, ISG
- Kyle Horn, America's Job Honor Awards
- Tonia Householder, INVISION Architecture
- Sadie Howar, Principal
- Beth Jaeger, Hubbell Realty Company
- Sid Juwarker, Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Natalie Koerber, Amerigroup
- Dylan Lampe, Sammons Financial Group
- Jannae Lane, UnityPoint Health
- Amy Lego, Downtown Community Alliance
- Lara Liss, UnityPoint Health
- Jenny Livingston, R&R Realty/Management Professionals, Inc.
- Amelia Lobo, Iowa Center for Economic Success
- Josh Mandelbaum, Environmental Law & Policy Center
- Krable Mentzer, Easter Seals Iowa
- Corey Morrison, On With Life
- Brand Newland, OutcomesMTM
- Rachel Pfundstein, Holmes Murphy & Associates
- Emily Pontius, Fredrikson & Byron
- Jeff Rayburn, Wells Fargo
- Kelsy Sinnwell, Visionary
- Brett Smith, Wells Fargo
- Christopher Stafford, NAI Optimum
- Dave Stone, Bravo Greater Des Moines
- Catherine Swoboda, The World Food Prize Foundation
- Manny Toribio, City of Prairie City
- Natalie Umsted, City of Newton
- Hanna Wolle, Principal
- Geoff Wood, Gravitate
- Kwasi Yeboah, Principal
The Community Leadership Program was generously supported by a sponsorship from Drake University’s Graduate and Professional Programs. Registrations for the May 19th Honors luncheon, presented by Davis Brown Law Firm, are being accepted at gdmli.com.
About the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute
The Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute is Central Iowa’s premier community leadership development organization. Through community-wide education and service projects, the Leadership Institute develops, connects, inspires and challenges community leaders to greater public awareness, commitment, and involvement to improve the overall quality of life in our community. Since 1982, more than 2,000 leaders have graduated from the Leadership Institute’s programs. Learn about the Leadership Institute by visiting gdmli.com.