Greater Des Moines Committee Seeks 2015 Nominations To Iowa Business Hall Of Fame
Each year the Greater Des Moines Committee seeks to honor the achievements of Iowans who have made outstanding contributions to the development and enhancement of Iowa’s business climate. Deserving state and community leaders are recognized by induction to the Iowa Business Hall of Fame. Inductees are honored during the Greater Des Moines Committee’s Black Tie Dinner held each December, and are recognized in video online via the Iowa Business Hall of Fame website: iowabusinesshalloffame.com. Nominations for recognition in 2015 are now open.
Inductees to the Iowa Business Hall of Fame are selected on merit rather than endorsement. Past Hall of Fame honorees under the leadership of the current Chair serve as the selection committee. The criteria for selection are as follows:
- Business Leadership: The nominated individual should lead or have led a business that has provided valued jobs and economic development to his/her community and the state; creating both wealth and workforce opportunity.
- Community Development Impact: The nominated individual should have made an impact by improving the economies of the community and the state through his/her leadership in such organizations as Chambers of Commerce, economic development organizations or centers of education.
- Community Volunteerism/Leadership: The nominated individual should have personally given of his/her time and financial resources for the betterment of the community through support of charities and organizations.
- Strategic Leadership: The nominated individual should have contributed to community economic growth through visionary leadership; community problem-solving and building strategic alliances.
- Business Recognition: The nominated individual should be recognized by his/her peers as a business leader.
- Business Ethics: The nominated individual should conduct him/herself in a manner consistent with a high standard of business ethics.
Nominations may be submitted by a member of the Greater Des Moines Committee or by other Iowa business leaders. Nominations will be accepted until the close of business on (or must be postmarked by) July 17, 2015. To request a nomination form, please contact Carmella Heckard: checkard@DSMpartnership.com, (515) 286-4950, or by mail to Greater Des Moines Committee, 601 Locust St., Ste. 700, Des Moines, Iowa 50309.
Media inquiries about the Iowa Business Hall of Fame or the Greater Des Moines Committee may be directed to Kyle Oppenhuizen at (515) 286-4972, or koppenhuizen@DSMpartnership.com.
About the Greater Des Moines Committee
The Greater Des Moines Committee was formed in 1907 by a group of 30 local business leaders. Today, the Committee consists of 115 members and provides an opportunity for business leaders to come together for an information exchange about important topics in the community, the state, and the nation. The Committee founded the Iowa Business Hall of Fame in 1975 to honor the achievements of Iowans who have made outstanding contributions to the development and enhancement of Iowa’s business climate.
The Greater Des Moines Committee’s purpose is to encourage, promote, develop and protect commercial, manufacturing and other business interests of Greater Des Moines and the state of Iowa. The Committee is comprised of CEOs or, in the case of professional firms, the senior managing partner of central Iowa companies who have a vested interest in the growth and development of our community and state.