YP Leaders Symposium - Are YOU Going?
Our suggestion: attend the YP Leaders Symposium! This is the 2nd annual event, that features great programming + networking. It is a highly anticipated event, that features some of Greater Des Moines’ (DSM’s) best entrepreneurs and businesspeople. Join over 100 other YPs who share common ideas, and learn more about how to develop your future from people who were once in your own shoes!
Leaders from YPC, GenYP and New View have come together to organize a YP Symposium to encourage Young Professionals Connection (YPC) members and other YP’s to meet one another and share ideas.
The event focuses on entrepreneurship, networking, mentoring and personal branding
- Networking and lunch upon arrival
- Stand Up and Stand Out Panel:
- Katie Stocking, Happy Medium
- Jason Kiesau, Merit Resources
- Jason Swanson, Business Record
- Amy Jennings, Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Community
- Networking: Callista Gould — Culture and Manners Institute
- Community Champions Panel:
- Kristi Knous, Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
- Chris Voggesser, Make a Wish, Iowa Chapter
- Sheri McMichael, Variety, the Children's Charity
- Jodi Warth, Boys & Girls Club of Central Iowa
- Key Note: Scott Bush, Templeton Rye
After Hours will feature a Templeton Rye tasting.
Tickets are $35/person. After September 2, $40/person. Tickets increase to $45/person the day of. Companies can purchase a table for 8 at $250, which includes company name on table.
Tickets can be purchased at wdmchamber.org
Young Professionals Connection (YPC)
The Young Professionals Connection (YPC) promotes an environment that attracts and retains young professionals in Greater Des Moines (DSM). YPC connects young professionals to each other and to the community through social, civic, charitable and professional development endeavors. YPC members have unique opportunities to grow personally and professionally and forge lasting relationships. They engage, connect and form a foundation for their future in DSM. YPC is an initiative of the Greater Des Moines Partnership.