Affiliate Chamber Spotlight: West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce
Elected leader for 2017: Danny Beyer, Vice President Sales & Marketing Kabel Business Services
Professional staff leader of the Chamber: Carole Chambers, President and CEO
Number of members: 513
Why Should Someone Join Your Chamber?
The West Des Moines Chamber helps businesses grow by providing events in which they not only network, learn and engage in the community, but also provide content and are exalted as subject matter experts. Also, our members need help finding talent; some need education and resources. We’re developing relevant solutions that deliver ROI and help them mitigate RONI (i.e. What’s the risk of not investing?). We’re a resource that’s also a partner in their success.
What Is Your Chamber’s Biggest Accomplishment In The Past 12 Months?
- We’ve launched a bi-monthly e-newsletter, The West Des Moines WeekEnder, to promote entertainment, retail and restaurant members.
- We’ve re-ignited ACCELERATE, our young professional organization, and will feature national speaker, Adam Carroll, on August 22. The topic will be Networking P.O.W.E.R. Learn more.
- The West Des Moines Leadership Academy is entering its 10th year with the next term beginning in September. The 2017-2018 class promises to be transformational for the participants.
Any Initiative or Project That You Are Looking Forward To In 2017?
- On Aug. 3, we held our first program for college summer interns. The Chamber and City are coalescing with West Des Moines companies on developing an internship program to use as a workforce development strategy beginning in 2018.
What Upcoming Events Should People Watch For?
- Adam Carroll, Aug. 22 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn in West Des Moines. Learn more.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the fourth largest regional Chamber of Commerce in the nation. Learn more about Partnership Affiliate Chambers, browse the Membership Directory and read additional Affiliate Chamber spotlights.