Live Music This Week in DSM: Dec. 6 – 11, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop on Wednesday, Dec. 7, Charlson Trio at Chuck’s Restaurant on Friday, Dec. 9 and Collaboration Station Open Jam at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern on Sunday, Dec. 11.
Tuesday, Dec. 6
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- B. John Burns “John’s Computer-Generated Livestream” at 5 p.m. – Live Streaming
- Jordan Beem at Kinship Brewing in Waukee at 6:30 p.m.
- REHAB with Boondox, Professor Fresh, Late Street, Crisis Child, $ellar Boiz, Dessy X at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); $20 adv.
- Des Moines Irish Session at Sully’s in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Basement Philosophers Society at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 7
Festival Brass with Scott Davis at St. John’s Lutheran Church at Noon; Lunch – $7 following show
- Jake Kemble at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (Unless you bring a dog – membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Brian Herrin at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at The Republic on Grand in the Historic East Village at 6 p.m.
- Lauren Vilmain/Sean Veeder Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 6 p.m.
- Open Mic Music Jam at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 6 p.m.
Five Finger Death Punch 5FDP & Bradley Gilbert at Wells Fargo Arena at 6:30 p.m.; $37 to $522
- Sounds Of The Season with The DSM Big Band at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, VIP – $45, Student – $7
- Brother Trucker at Maggie’s Rumble Room at 7 p.m.
Annie Kemble at 503 Cocktail Lab + Tasting Room in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- B2wins Holiday Concert at Franklin Jr High Events Center at 7:30 p.m.; $30 – Tier 2, $25 - Tier 3
- Randy Burk & The Prisoners at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- The Sheet at Bellhop at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 8
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the skywalk at 11 a.m.
- Pentatonix: A Christmas Spectacular with Girl Named Tom at Wells Fargo Arena at 6 p.m.; $25 to $250
- All I Want For Christmas with Gina Gedler at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $25, VIP – $45, Bar/Hightop – $15
- J. Jeffery Messerole at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- Open Jam with Groove Review at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 7 p.m.
- Bruckner’s Te Deum and Beethoven 5: Drake Symphony Orchestra Concert at Drake’s Performing Arts Hall at Drake University at 7:30 p.m.
- Scott Eggleston at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Drama Kings at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Geoffrey Jr. Solo at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 8 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 9
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Day’s Live Music at Middlebrook Mercantile in Cumming at 5 p.m.
- Tanner Taylor & Daniel Mastrofski at 503 Cocktail Lab + Tasting Room in the Historic East Village at 5:30 p.m.
- DSM Gay Men's Chorus Winter Concert Preview at Des Moines Art Center including short sets at 5:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.
- Tyler Frazier at Paws & Pints at 6 p.m.; Free (unless you bring a dog - membership or day pass, medical documentation required)
- Charlson Trio at Chuck’s Restaurant at 6 p.m.
- Jake Schrodt at Iowa Distilling Co. in Cumming at 6 p.m.
- Cover That at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 6 p.m.
J. Jeffery Messerole at Fenders Brewing in Polk City at 6 p.m.
- Ron Burchett at The Local Vine in Indianola at 6 p.m.
- Christmas Formal – All Star Band at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6:30 p.m.; $20
- Eli Clark’s Premium Nights at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Rick Burke at Greenwood Lounge at 7 p.m.
- Bradford Johnson at Surety Hotel Lounge at 7 p.m.
- bAD dONKEY at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 7 p.m.
- Chris Falcon at The Hall DSM in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
- “To Memphis and Back” screening *a short documentary of the Buckmiller/ Schwager Band at the International Blues Challenge on Beale Street in Memphis, TN after winning the Iowa Blues Challenge at Fox Brewing in West Des Moines at 7 p.m.
Dustin Farrow and Rod Snyder at Pally’s in Clive at 7 p.m.
- Erek Wright at Brightside Aleworks in Altoona at 7 p.m.
- David Watson at Reclaimed Rails in Bondurant at 7 p.m.
- Chad Elliott at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Tom Spielbauer at The Cellar at White Oak in Cambridge at 7 p.m.; $5
- Avi Kaplan with Maddie Poppe at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.; $20-22
- Jinnouchi Power with Good Morning Midnight in Pleasants at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- The Drive-Ins at Pura Social Club in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
- Deadline String Band at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 8 p.m.
- Suede at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Recoil at Doc’s in Johnston at 8 p.m.
- The Savage Freds at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
Cover That at Whiskey House in Ankeny at 8 p.m.
- Hillbilly Air Show at Flat Tire Lounge in Madrid at 8 p.m.
- CeCe Stewart & The Radio Train at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Blacktop at Miss Kitty’s in Clive at 9 p.m.
- Luke Farland at Hawk Heaven Tavern in Altoona at 9 p.m.
Antonym to X’s and O’s, Look at Me, L and N Music at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $10
Saturday, Dec. 10
- Brian Herrin at Revelton Distillery in Osceola at 4 p.m.
- CAGES/Fatal Flaw/The Getaways at Lefty’s at 5 p.m.; $8
The High Bidders at 515 Brewing in Clive at 6 p.m.
- Route 66 at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 6:30 p.m.; $10
- Salt Creek at Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- The Muddy Walter Band at Uptown Garage in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Brittany Sword at Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny at 7 p.m.
- Jamie O’Neal Christmas Show at Pella Opera House at 7 p.m.; $30
- Blues at Midnight at The Thunderdome in Newton at 7 p.m.
- Merry Axemas at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $10-15
- 80 Grit and Wapsi River Ramblers at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.
- Surf Zombies at Maggie’s Rumble Room at 8 p.m.
- Jazz at The Continental in the Historic East Village at 8 p.m.
Project TDS at East Side Eddie’s at 8 p.m.
- Haywire at DSM Fraternal Order of Eagles 109 at 8 p.m.
- The Sons of Gladys Kravitz at Kenny’s Garage in Waukee at 8 p.m.
- Tank Anthony at Prairie Meadows in Altoona at 8 p.m.
- PetRock: Tribute to Smooth Rock of 70’s at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 8:30 p.m.; $20
- The Remedy in Mickey’s Irish Pub in Waukee at 8:30 p.m.
- The New Bodies/Midlanders/Danny Russell Wolf/The Revolving Doors at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.; $10
- Bad Donkey at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Dick Danger Band at Down Under in Clive at 9 p.m.
Tiranos del Norte (Entre G y A) with Alegres De La Sierra, Miguel Y Miguel at Val Air Ballroom in West Des Moines at 9 p.m. (Doors); $50 (VIP – $400, $500)
BS passing the torch at Good Times in Ankeny at 9 p.m.
Grupo515 at 300 Craft & Rooftop at 10 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 11
Local Music Showcase at TeeHee’s Comedy Club at 3 p.m.
- Steve Grismore/Bill Bergren Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Bob Fields & Swingtime at Lake Robbins Ballroom in Woodward at 5 p.m.; $13
- Collaboration Station Open Jam at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 6 p.m.
- Deb Talan (of the Weepies) with Brad & Kate at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $20-25
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.