Live Music This Week in DSM: April 5-10, 2022
This week’s lineup of musical acts in Greater Des Moines (DSM) includes an Open Mic Night at Kelly’s Little Nipper, Des Moines Big Band at Noce and the Ducharme-Jones Band at Captain Roy’s. Don’t miss out on these local acts and others listed below.
Tuesday, April 5
“Freight Train” Frank at La Mie Restaurant in the Skywalk at 11 a.m.
- John Burns’ What’s New Livestream at 5 p.m. – Local Streaming
- Convictions with Earth Groans, The Emblem Faction and Agony of Defeat at xBk Live at 6 p.m. (Doors); $12
- Open Mic at Kelly’s Little Nipper at 6 p.m.
- D.R.I. – 40th Anniversary Tour with Intent and 3 Finger Betty at Lefty’s at 7 p.m.; $20
- Basement Philosophers Society at Greenwood Lounge 8 p.m.
- Blues Jam at Carl’s Place at 7:30 p.m.
- Vision Video, Art Monk at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $12
Wednesday, April 6
The Crust, Dirty Blonde, Kelsie James at DSM Soundcheck (emerging artists under 21) at xBk Live at 6 p.m.; $5
- Seth Jamison at Stuffed Olive in Historic Court District at 6 p.m.
- Heath Alan/Tanner Taylor Duo at the Louie’s Wine Dive Patio at 6 p.m.
- Des Moines Big Band: Vocal Spotlight with Bethany Elle at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.; $15, VIP $50, Bar seat/table $12, Student $5
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band at Hoyt Sherman Place in Sherman Hill at 8 p.m.; $39, $49, $69, $99
- Randy Burk & The Prisoners at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- Jeff Carlson Band with TBA at Lefty’s at 9 p.m.
Thursday, April 7
Son Peruchos at All Access Live! (IPR) at xBk Live at 6:30 p.m.; $10-13
- Scott Davis at Noce in Western Gateway at 7 p.m.
- Tyler Giles at Confluence Brewery at 7 p.m.
- OPERA Iowa Arias at Westminster Presbyterian at 7 p.m.
- Logan Mize at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7:30 p.m.; $20
- The Soul Searchers at Greenwood Lounge at 8 p.m.
- CW Smith: Live from Silicon Alley at 8 p.m. – Local Streaming
Friday, April 8
Bob Pace & The Dangerous Band at Gas Lamp at 5 p.m.; $5
- Mac Lethal with King Serp, ATM, Schwern, Drama The Artist, Snake Lucci, Sinister Karnie and Common Knowledge at Lefty’s at 5 p.m. (Doors); $20
- The Mondeau Dukes at Captain Roy’s at 6 p.m.
- Wolf Alice with Charlie Hickey at Wooly’s in Historic East Village at 7:30 p.m.; $25
- Rick Burke Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- Jake Keegan Band, Lily B Moonflower Band at Gas Lamp at 9:30 p.m.; $12-15
Saturday, April 9
Lawrence with Lindsey Lomis at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.; $20-25
- Ducharme-Jones Band at Captain Roy’s at 7 p.m.
- Old Wolves, Dead Dead Swans, Woods and Stars at Lefty’s at 7 p.m. (Doors); Tips/Cash Bar
- Patresa Hartman at Achor Coffee House, Westminster Presbyterian at 7 p.m.; $15-20
- Company Comin at the Croatian Slavic Center at 7 p.m.; $5 Members, $7 Nonmembers
- Beethoven’s Ninth at Des Moines Civic Center at 7:30 p.m.; $15 to $70
- Thelma & the Sleaze with Tough Ghost at xBk Live at 8 p.m.; $12-15
- Rootz Within, Leradee & The Positives and Reggae Rapids at Gas Lamp at 8 p.m.; $10
- The Jury at Greenwood Lounge at 9 p.m.
- BitterSweet Nation at Zoras Rooftop Bar at 9 p.m.
- Andy Williams & TheNebraska All Stars at Senor Tequila at 9 p.m.
- Last Call with Max Wellman at Noce in Western Gateway at 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 10
Big Dopes, Seth Cloe and the Silver Liners and Abigail Phelps?at Gas Lamp at 4:30?p.m.; $8-10
- Wayne Page/Nick Rueckert Duo at Louie’s Wine Dive at 5 p.m.
- Snow Tha Product at Wooly’s in the Historic East Village at 7 p.m.
- Guilt Vacation/Turquoise/Hookshot at Lefty’s at 6?p.m.
- Lily DeTaeye featuring Lani Eclatt, Natalie Simon and Sara Routh at xBk Live at 7 p.m.; $12-17
- Open Jam hosted by Groove Review at Bogg’s Hull Ave Tavern at 7 p.m.
Check for changes at each venue’s website, including cancellations and COVID protocols, and consider your generosity to your local waitstaff and musicians as we continue to welcome back live events in DSM. You can also support local restaurants by visiting nearby businesses before and after the show! Check out the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Restaurant Guide, featuring neighborhood options here.
The Greater Des Moines Partnership calendar of events is a one-stop resource for activities taking place throughout the region. Find networking information for Greater Des Moines (DSM) businesses or events specific to Downtown DSM.
Jerrica Marshall is the downtown placemaking manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.