Code DSM is Greater Des Moines' (DSM's) code academy developed in partnership by the Greater Des Moines Partnership and Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC).
In this expansive 150-hour course, students of Code DSM will learn basic features of the Java programming language and explore the concepts of object-oriented programming, event handling, user interface programming and graphic techniques.
Through the practical experience gained in creating and modifying GUI Java applications, graduates will be empowered with expertise in:
- Investigating the basic concepts of programming language
- Creating projects using the current development environment
- Designing a Java program utilizing variables and constants
- Assessing the uses of relational and logical operators
- Evaluating Java Loops
- Outlining the various components of Java method
- Analyzing the concept of Java classes and objects
- Assessing the array of data type
- Investigating the concept of inheritance to derive classes from one or more base classes
- Creating basic Java GUI applications
- Integrating Java API classes provided with the Java language
- Demonstrating code readability, application testing and communications to other developers
Tuition is all-inclusive, providing access to instructional support, specialists and company representation as well as materials like textbooks, subscriptions and laptops. Financial support may be available for those who qualify.
For more information, contact Mary Bontrager, Executive Vice President of Talent Development.