The Partnership Announces Second Cohort Of DEI Management Certification Program Graduates
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (Nov. 7, 2023) – The Greater Des Moines Partnership has announced the graduates of the second cohort of the DEI Management Certification Program. The program is delivered through a partnership between the Greater Des Moines Partnership and Des Moines-based Schabel Solutions Inc.
Participants of the series took part in informative e-learning modules followed by facilitator-led discussions intended to foster healthy self-reflection, greater self-awareness and productive behavior change. Through the series, participants gained a deeper understanding of the role they can play in fostering a more inclusive environment and how to build and sustain successful workforces, workplaces and marketplace outcomes through enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion within organizations.
“Congratulations to the graduates of the DEI Certification Management Program. The time they invested was a testament to their commitment to fostering inclusivity and driving positive change,” said Marvin DeJear, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at The Partnership. “We look forward to seeing these professionals continue to build on their inclusion journey as they serve their organizations and the region.”
Graduates from the second cohort are:
- Madonna Abadian Vahdat, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
- Jamie Bobst, LifeServe Blood Center
- Megan Burke, F&G Annuities and Life
- Amy Campos-Hong, Sammons Financial Group
- J. Benjamin Champ, City of Pleasant Hill
- Tonja Clark, Homesteaders Life Company
- Lauren Ebensteiner, Norwalk Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sharon Fife, EMC Insurance Companies
- Krista Frank, Homesteaders Life Company
- Kathleen Gardiner, SHAZAM, Inc
- Maria Gillespie, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
- Katherine Harrington, West Des Moines Chamber of Commerce
- Julie Heuton, Two Rivers Marketing
- Natalie Lynch, Iowa Jobs for America's Graduates (iJAG)
- Wendy Mayfield, Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company
- Carson Miller, Wright Service Corp.
- Toby O'Berry, Polk County Housing Trust Fund
- Ryan Smith, Iowa Wildlife Federation
- Rachael Sorci-Hodges, WesleyLife
- Jodi Tassin, City of Pleasant Hill
- Betsy West, Sammons Financial Group
- Jami Yoder, Sammons Financial Group
- Pierce Zanders, Sammons Financial Group
“The DEI Management Certification Program goes hand-in-hand with the Schabel Solutions purpose of helping clients normalize inclusive behaviors, operationalize equity and build the skills, confidence and plans needed to achieve and sustain more inclusive, collaborative, innovative and productive work environments,” said Claudia Schabel, Schabel Solutions Inc. Founder, President and CEO. “Congratulations to the graduates of the second cohort of the program. We look forward to seeing how they utilize gained skills and tools to make positive impacts on their respective organizations’ workforce, workplace and marketplace or community goals.”
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,500 Regional Business Members and more than 365 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.