Greater Des Moines Partnership Unveils State Legislature Priorities for Upcoming Session
GREATER DES MOINES (DSM), IOWA (Dec. 3, 2018) — The Greater Des Moines Partnership has unveiled its 2019 State Legislative Agenda. The Partnership’s Legislative Agenda was developed by its Government Policy Council, which consists of Business Members from the Partnership’s 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce and 340+ Investors. Included in the agenda is a list of featured priorities that will drive The Partnership’s state policy efforts in 2019. The Partnership will focus on the following priorities:
- The Partnership supports the state’s Future Ready Iowa Initiative to ensure that the state has a talent pipeline that is aligned with and prepared for the jobs of today and tomorrow.
- The Partnership supports allocating adequate and permanent funding sources to meet the infrastructure needs of the regional water trails project.
- The Partnership supports the efforts of the Des Moines International Airport to build a new terminal in effort to address capacity and security concerns.
- The Partnership supports the Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority Commission’s efforts to increase and diversify funding options available through state legislation.
- The Partnership supports strategies that leverage a variety of state and local resources to increase the number and variety of homes available in the region. Specifically, The Partnership supports increased investment in the State Housing Trust Fund and the Workforce Housing Tax Credit programs.
“The Partnership and its Government Policy Council looks forward to working with the General Assembly and Governor to advance our legislative priorities to benefit the region,” said Joe Murphy, Senior Vice President of Government Relations and Public Policy for The Partnership. “The State Legislative Agenda reflects a region with one voice working together to help attract and retain businesses and talent.”
The Partnership’s full State Legislative Agenda is available online.
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,400 Regional Business Members and more than 340 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.