Host Your Holiday Party at One of These 8 Places in Downtown DSM
It’s that time of year! Book your holiday party or group gathering at a Downtown Des Moines (DSM) restaurant or venue. Whether you desire an intimate vibe with private dining spaces or vibrant venues for team-building activities before the year comes to an end, you’ll find a festive atmosphere amidst the twinkling holiday lights of Downtown DSM.
Private Dining Spaces in Downtown Des Moines
801 Chophouse – With four private dining rooms that can host eight to 48, this Downtown DSM restaurant is a great pick to dazzle your guests with upscale dining ranging from the highest-grade USDA Prime Beef and fresh seafood to an award-winning wine selection in addition to top- shelf handcrafted cocktails.
- Americana – With ample space to host smaller gatherings of 10 up to a bigger group up to 175, Americana is known for its hearty lunch menu, incredible dinner options and weekend brunch. This is a great venue for your team holiday lunch, company gift exchange or after work happy hour over the holidays.
- Des Lux Bar – Boasting the “city’s best martini menu,” you can’t go wrong with a gathering in this classy, intimate venue available for private events or an impromptu get together with a friend or two.
- Django – Choose from the on-site private dining room able to accommodate up to 20, or located adjacent to the restaurant is Django’s exclusive private dining facility able to host groups up to 100 cocktail or 80 seated. Django’s menu is primarily French cuisine including cheese and charcuterie, fresh seafood, steaks and more.
- Iowa Taproom – Choose from two available room spaces with capacity for 50 to a few hundred. The spaces can be configured for smaller groups, too. The Taproom offers tasty American food with Iowa-based ingredients and an extensive local-to-Iowa beer list. Try a festive selection such as the “Cranberry Orange Cider” by Jefferson County Ciderworks or the “Winter Break Ale” from Keg Creek Brewing Company.
- Proudfoot & Bird – A great place to show off your best holiday dressy attire! Reserve a semi-private dining room for a little flair of exclusivity. You’ll find fine dining and eclectic cuisine paired with timeless cocktails here.
- Republic on Grand – Sip on handcrafted drinks and savor artisanal eats ranging from charcuterie to small plates, flatbreads and sliders. You’ll feel a little fancy entering the upscale AC Hotel on street level and taking the gilded elevator to the top floor where the Republic on Grand restaurant is located, with prime views of the twinkling holiday lights around Downtown DSM from the hotel’s top floor. (Insider tip: Check out the special New Year’s Eve packages available here, in addition to other Downtown DSM NYE events coming up later this month!)
- The Red Monk – Host your jolly crew above the Royal Mile in this tucked away and quiet bar, ideal for gathering your team or small group for a celebratory drink or a bite to eat! The food menu, provided by the Royal Mile, offers traditional British pub fare like fish and chips, bangers and mash and shepherd’s pie. You’ll also find an extensive Scotch list and ample Belgian beer offerings, unique to this venue.
BONUS HOLIDAY PARTY GATHERING SPOT: Splash Seafood – The perfect Downtown Core restaurant to host your employees and gather together this holiday season, Splash Seafood can also accommodate baby showers, family reunions, graduation parties and more!
Looking for More Holiday Venues and Activities in Downtown DSM?
Browse this list of other food and drink venues including brunch spots, bakeries and coffee shops, cocktail and wine bars, lunch and brunch restaurants, nightlife destinations, local breweries and more! The possibilities for your holiday gathering in Downtown DSM are nearly endless.
Additionally worth considering for your get together, most of the hotels located Downtown offer meeting space with on-site catering. Explore a list of Downtown Des Moines hotels and meeting spaces.
Consider a unique indoor activity at one of the Downtown DSM attractions to host visiting friends, family or even teambuilding with coworkers. This could range from axe throwing at Lumber Axe, hands-on exhibits and experiments at the Science Center of Iowa or arcade games at your choice of venues: UpDown or Ricochet. Wandering the warm conservatory at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden (with adjacent meeting space for a group and the in-house Trellis Café for lunch) or a hands-on painting class at Bottle & Bottega would make for a fun wintertime activity for your crew!
And, take a look at this list of festive events coming up in Downtown DSM through the end of the month for even more suggestions on seasonal happenings to align with your holiday party or group gatherings. Happy holidays!
Make it one epic winter in Downtown Des Moines (DSM) by exploring, experiencing and enjoying what Downtown DSM has to offer. Plan your visit to Downtown DSM with these tips for parking and navigation.
Header image from facebook.com/ProudfootBirdIA.
Attractions , Downtown , Gray's Lake , Historic Court Avenue , Historic East Village , Market District , Music and Entertainment , Restaurants and Nightlife , Sherman Hill , Things To Do , Western Gateway Park