Holiday Promenade Special Deals: Friday, Nov. 18
The kickoff Holiday Promenade event will feature visits from St. Nick and the annual tree lighting at Brenton Skating Plaza, while Historic East Village businesses, including shops and restaurants, celebrate the season with special deals. The schedule will include the tree lighting at 6 p.m., hot cocoa with Iowa State Bank at 6 p.m., a visit with Santa from 6 – 8 p.m. and carolers singing your favorite holiday tunes from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Retailers, restaurants and attractions are encouraged to stay open until 9 p.m. so you can get your holiday shopping in and enjoy a drink or quick bite to eat.
Leading up to promenade events, LifeServe Blood Center will host the Promenade Blood Drive from 6:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. Donors who participate will receive LifeServe’s ugly sweater-themed long-sleeve t-shirt. The drive will continue Saturday, Nov. 19 from 7 a.m. until Noon. Schedule an appointment for before or after the Promenade.
Check out the following deals this week!
Food + Drink
503 Cocktail Lab + Tasting Room will feature holiday drink(s) and an appetizer during the Promenade.
- Special holiday cocktails will be available at Franka Pizzeria from 3 – 9 p.m. Enjoy $2 off wine by the glass, menu cocktails and draft beer. $12 pizzas will be available from 3 – 6 p.m.
- At HoQ, try special holiday cocktails for $9, including the “HoQ Holiday Spritz,” “Gluhwein,” “Verte Chaude,” “Cinnamon Apple” and “Spiced Pear Punch.”
- Peace Tree Brewing Company will host live music by Donley Blue from 7 – 9 p.m. (no cover) and the holiday beer “Apple Pie Blonde Fatale.”
- The New Northwestern will feature a holiday happy hour during the Promenade featuring half-off wines, half off Hot Toddies and a $7 “Miracle on 4th Street” martini.
- Every Friday is “Paella Night” at The Purveyor, rotating between the classic seafood presentation and a chicken chorizo. This Friday, visitors can also take advantage of a two for $8 special on empanadas.
Retail + Services
Holiday gift boxes launch at Amour featuring beautiful sleepshirts paired with cozy socks and slippers suitable for any mom, sister or daughter on your list. A signature Amour Promenade Punch will be served at the store.
- Shop at Eden during the first week of the Promenade to see a special guest from Ballet Des Moines’ The Nutcracker.
- Gateway Dance Theatre dance and movement classes are open to public. This includes salsa, yoga, bhangra, Indian folk dance and the world rhythms class.
- Stop in at KIN DSM for a holiday tarot reading by Miss Monica or an aura portrait by Kindred Auras.
- Receive a free gift from Kitchen Collage with any purchase.
- Attend Liz Lidgett Gallery and Design’s holiday party from 5 – 7 p.m. to see $50 limited-edition prints by local artists during a new holiday show. Snacks and drinks will also be provided.
- 50% off clothing and gear and 10% off non-sale items from Stoked.
- Storyhouse Bookpub will offer Sip & Shop books with mulled wine or cider from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Village IV and Wellness will host drawings for free infusions and shots. Specials for the Promenade include $10 B12 shots, $10 off any infusion and $25 for every $100 in gift cards.
- VZZ Vintage will pop up at Porch Light with vintage clothing and accessories.
AC Hotel by Marriott Des Moines East Village, Allspice Culinarium, Daisy Chain Coffee, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, Indie House and Salon Revolution will also have special deals this week. Check in with them while attending the Promenade, too!
The Holiday Promenade is an opportunity to support local businesses in the Historic East Village in Downtown Des Moines (DSM). Learn more about this annual event here.
Jerrica Marshall is the Downtown Placemaking Manager at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.