Holiday Promenade Special Deals: Friday, Dec. 9
The 2022 Holiday Promenade continues with Historic East Village shops and restaurants celebrating the season with special deals, horse-drawn trolley rides at the State Historical Building, sponsored by Prairie Meadows, a Meet the Grinch Storytime with Storyhouse Bookpub, sponsored by Global Atlantic Financial Group, and carolers.
From 5 – 9 p.m., enjoy a horse-drawn trolley ride for one night only, beginning at the State Historical Building portico.
Next, head to Storyhouse Bookpub from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. During the Grinch meet-and-greet, hear “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” before making a craft and meeting the Grinch. From 6 – 9 p.m., Cat Rocketship and Dani Awesome will host a pop-up shop featuring cards, prints, stickers and modern magical jewelry.
Finally, enjoy the festive carolers from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. as they stroll through the Historic East Village streets, bringing cheer by singing your holiday favorites. Live cirque-style performers from Darker Marker, a Historic East Village entertianment company will also be on-site near the new "EXPosure" art installation during the Promenade, adding even more entertainment to Downtown DSM as visitors and residents shop.
Check out the following deals this week! The Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden is also hosting a Warm Clothes Drive for Iowa Homeless Youth Shelter taking place now through Friday, Dec. 16. Donate any coats, scarves, mittens, hats, etc.
Food + Drink
503 Cocktail Lab + Tasting Room will feature holiday drink(s) and an appetizer during the Promenade.
- At HoQ, try special holiday cocktails — changing each week!
- Peace Tree Brewing Company will offer their fourth holiday beer, “Candy Cane Imperial Stout.”
- The New Northwestern will feature a holiday happy hour from 8 – 10 p.m. during the Promenade featuring half-off wines by the glass, half off Hot Toddies and a $7 “Miracle on 4th Street” martini.
- Every Friday is ‘Paella Night” at The Purveyor, rotating between the classic seafood presentation and a chicken chorizo. This Friday, find a croque monsieur — a hot sandwich made with ham and cheese that originated in French cafés and bars as a quick snack — for only $9!
Retail + Services
Amour will host a pop-up with The Permanent Collection and Dainty Knotts Art, where you can get letterpress cards, gifts and art featuring romantic and sexy book choices.
- Ephemera will have milk and cookies available while you shop.
- At Indie House Design, a Winter Warmth Drive Donation Collection for gently used or new items will get you 10% off your purchase.
- Stop in at KIN DSM for a tarot reading by Miss Monica, an aura portrait by Kindred Auras or 25% off all holiday items.
- Receive a free gift from Kitchen Collage with any purchase.
- Liz Lidgett Gallery and Design’s will close at their normal business hours, but lights will be kept on for attendees to enjoy during the Promenade.
- Find up to 50% off clothing and gear and 10% off non-sale items at Stoked.
- Village IV and Wellness will host drawings for free infusions and shots. Specials for the Promenade include $10 B12 shots, $10 off any infusion and $25 for every $100 in gift cards.
The Holiday Promenade is an opportunity to support local businesses in the Historic East Village in Downtown Des Moines (DSM). Learn more about this annual event here.