Downtown Des Moines Shopping Roundup: Your Guide to Fall Buys
Go shopping! Shop local in Downtown Des Moines at these stores, boutiques and other retailers this fall! Stock up on cool-weather clothing, seasonal food and drink accessories, fall accessories, products that will warm you up, yummy smelling autumn candles and lots more.
Photo Credit: Aimee
Fall Clothes Shopping in Downtown Des Moines
Aimee – dress up with tweed blazers and woolen dresses or dress down with cozy knits and soft sweaters — your fall wardrobe is all here at this women’s clothier in Downtown Des Moines.
- Fontenelle Supply Co. – this men’s clothing store in Downtown Des Moines' Historic East Village has tons of warm apparel, a robust selection of hats, socks and gloves. You’ll also find cool camping gear to use during your next fall outdoor excursion.
- MARNē – you’ll find vegan products for women including boots and sneakers, tops, jackets, jeans and loungewear.
- Raygun – the self-proclaimed “Greatest Store in the Universe” sells more than words on a t-shirt! They also sell words on a hoodie, sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt plus hats, socks and lip balm (great for cooler temps!).
- Subsect Skateshop – in addition to skateboards, you’ll also find warm beanies, hoodies, shirts and such.
- Velvet Coat – shop here for high-end women’s clothing in Downtown Des Moines, such as sweaters, outerwear and jackets, denim, cozy pajamas, warm seasonal shoes and much more.
Find Fall Products at Downtown Des Moines' Specialty Stores
Boot Barn – shop clothing, hats and boots for the whole family! In addition to Western wear, you’ll find workwear for jobs requiring time spent out in the elements and leisure hiking boots perfect for your next fall outdoor adventure, too!
- Fleet Feet – as the season turns to fall and the temperatures lower, make sure you have all the warm gear you need for your outdoor walks and runs including warm socks, hats/headbands, gloves, gaiters and reflective gear, to name a few!
- Jett & Monkey’s Dog Shoppe – your furry friend may need seasonal apparel, too! Browse a selection of doggie coats, sweaters and other stylish clothes for pups at this dog shop in Downtown Des Moines.
Fall Candles + Fall Décor in Downtown Des Moines
Ephemera – so many yummy candles to choose from! Several brands are carried, with a few seasonal offerings including Chai Latte and Espresso Martini. This is a great gift shop in Downtown Des Moines, especially for fall goodies!
- Porch Light – find spooky and hauntingly delightful skull and skeleton posters and décor, perfect for refreshing your Halloween décor! Stop in and check out their seasonal candle scents, too!
- West Elm – spruce up your home at this major retailer home store in Downtown Des Moines, with seasonal décor including Halloween- and Thanksgiving-themed items, cozy throw blankets and earth-toned pillows, heavenly scented candles and lots of tableware collections ideal for hosting friends and family.
Photo Credit: Ephemera
Fall Food + Drink at Downtown Des Moines Retailers
AllSpice – look no further for fall spices! AllSpice’s seasonal feature is the Fall Harvest gift box, complete with cinnamon, apple pie, pumpkin, chai and mulling spices. Yum!
- Ephemera – fill your pantry with seasonal jams from Adams Apple including flavors like Pumpkin Butter and Apple Pie Jam. Additionally, you’ll find unique gift items such as craft cocktail kits (hot toddy, anyone?), teas, coffee mugs, cozy-up puzzles and other fall-friendly goodies!
- Gong Fu Tea – everything about this tea shop in Downtown Des Moines begs for a fall visit! Shop for seasonal flavors with hints of apple, cinnamon and chai, tea wares, gifts and nearly anything else your tea-loving heart could dream up.
- Kitchen Collage – spruce up your coffee and tea accessories with a new kettle, coffeemaker or pour-over setup!
- NOSH Café and Eatery – get your tea fix by shopping for a selection of Red Dragon Herbs & Teas to take home or request or request a cup to be brewed on the spot!
- Smokey Row Coffee – this coffee joint in Downtown Des Moines has lots of flavored coffee beans that bring seasonal vibes, including “Cinnamon Coffee Cake,” “Snickerdoodle Brew,” “Vermont Maple Nut Crunch,” “Southern Pecan” … there are so many autumn-themed flavors to choose from!
P.S. – Looking for even more autumn beverages to try in Downtown Des Moines? Read our list of fall-inspired coffee and tea drinks at local Downtown Des Moines coffee shops and cafés, plus this list of fall beers and fall cocktails in Downtown Des Moines, too!
Make it one epic autumn in Downtown Des Moines (DSM) by exploring, experiencing and enjoying what Downtown DSM has to offer. Plan your visit to Downtown DSM with these tips for parking and navigation and discover additional restaurants and nightlife, too!