Downtown Des Moines Shopping Roundup: Your Guide to Fall Buys
Shop local at these Downtown Des Moines (DSM) retailers this fall! Stock up on cool-weather clothing, food and drink accessories, products that will warm you up, yummy smelling autumn candles and lots more.
Aimee – dress up with tweed blazers and woolen dresses or dress down with cozy knits and soft sweaters — your fall wardrobe is all here at this women’s clothier.
- Fontenelle Supply Co. – this men’s clothing store has tons of warm apparel, a robust selection of hats, socks and gloves. You’ll also find cool camping gear to use during your next fall outdoor excursion.
- MARNē – you’ll find vegan products for women including boots and sneakers, tops, jackets, jeans and loungewear.
- Raygun – the self-proclaimed “Greatest Store in the Universe” sells more than words on a t-shirt! They also sell words on a hoodie, sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt plus hats, socks and lip balm (great for cooler temps!).
- Subsect Skateshop – in addition to skateboards, you’ll also find warm beanies, hoodies, shirts and such.
- Velvet Coat – shop here for high-end women’s clothing such as sweaters, outerwear and jackets, denim, cozy pajamas, warm seasonal shoes and much more.
Boot Barn – shop clothing, hats and boots for the whole family! In addition to Western wear, you’ll find workwear for jobs requiring time spent out in the elements and leisure hiking boots perfect for your next fall outdoor adventure, too!
- Fleet Feet – as the season turns to fall and the temperatures lower, make sure you have all the warm gear you need for your outdoor walks and runs including warm socks, hats/headbands, gloves, gaiters and reflective gear, to name a few!
- Jett & Monkey’s Dog Shoppe – your furry friend may need seasonal apparel, too! Browse a selection of doggie coats, sweaters and other stylish clothes for pups.
Fall Candles + Decor
Ephemera – so many yummy candles to choose from! Several brands are carried, with a few seasonal offerings including Chai Latte, Heirloom Pumpkin, Simmered Cider and Fall Harvest.
- Porch Light – find spooky and hauntingly delightful Halloween candles from the Holton Homestead, plus fall scents from Iowa’s own Radiant Candle Co. including bonfire, pumpkin spice, caramel and many others.
- West Elm – spruce up your home with seasonal décor including Halloween- and Thanksgiving-themed items, cozy throw blankets and earth-toned pillows, heavenly scented candles and lots of tableware collections ideal for hosting friends and family.
Food + Drink Retail
AllSpice – look no further for fall spices! AllSpice’s seasonal feature is the Fall Harvest gift box, complete with cinnamon, apple pie, pumpkin, chai and mulling spices. Yum!
- Ephemera – fill your pantry with seasonal jams from Adams Apple including flavors like Pumpkin Butter, Apple Bourbon Honey and Spiced Blackberry Pepper Jam. Additionally, you’ll find unique gift items such as craft cocktail kits (hot toddy, anyone?), chocolate bars in flavors like bourbon pecan pie and s’mores, simple syrups including pumpkin spice, tea and other goodies!
- Gong Fu Tea – everything about this tea shop begs for a fall visit! Shop for seasonal flavors with hints of apple, cinnamon and chai, tea wares, gifts and nearly anything else your tea-loving heart could dream up.
- Kitchen Collage – spruce up your coffee and tea accessories with a new kettle, coffeemaker or pour-over setup!
- NOSH Café and Eatery – get your tea fix by shopping for a selection of Red Dragon Herbs & Teas to take home or request or request a cup to be brewed on the spot!
- Smokey Row Coffee – this coffee joint has lots of flavored coffee beans that bring fall vibes, including “S’mores,” “Harvest Moon,” “Cinnamon Coffee Cake,” “Autumn Crisp,” “English Toffee” … there are so many autumn-themed flavors to choose from!
P.S. – Looking for even more autumn beverages to try in Downtown DSM? Read our list of fall-inspired coffee and tea drinks at local coffee shops and cafés.
Make it one epic autumn in Downtown Des Moines (DSM) by exploring, experiencing and enjoying what Downtown DSM has to offer. Plan your visit to Downtown DSM with these tips for parking and navigation and discover additional restaurants and nightlife, too!