Come for This, Stay for That: Downtown Des Moines Edition
You may have a go-to list of your favorite Downtown Des Moines things to do, and we can help you pair that with some additional finds, too. As you make your plans, let us help you take an ordinary few hours and turn it into an absolutely epic day (or night!). This is what great summers are made of in Downtown Des Moines!
Bring the Kids: Family-Friendly Downtown Des Moines
Pack up your crew! These fun things to do in Downtown Des Moines will have you winning the parent of the year award (…or something like that!).
Make It a Date in Downtown Des Moines
Go beyond dinner and dessert in Downtown Des Moines! These date-night activities just might win you some brownie points with your special someone.
Grab a Group for a Downtown Des Moines Outing
Your best friends will love checking out the best places to eat in Downtown Des Moines, the most fun things to do and the coolest hidden gems. And we’re here to help you find the perfect line-up for your group:
- Come for the biking trails near Water Works Park and Gray’s Lake, stay for a Downtown Des Moines brewery tour sampling ice cold, local craft beer (including stops at Confluence Brewing Co., Exile, Lua Brewing, Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Company, SingleSpeed and Peace Tree).
- Come for a show at Wells Fargo Arena, stay for a nightcap at Hello, Marjorie or Bellhop Tiki bar.
- Come for a plant-themed class at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, stay for a cup of coffee at Horizon Line Coffee.
- Come for the nightlife in the Historic Court District and Historic East Village, stay for a late-night slice of pizza at Des Moines' Downtown Fong’s restaurant.
- Come for an unforgettable Escape Chambers experience, stay for arcade games at UpDown.
Tell us! Do you have an epic suggestion to add to this Downtown Des Moines summertime list of favorites and finds? Share it with us on Twitter: Hey @downtownDSMUSA, I’m in for one epic summer in Downtown #DesMoines! I’ll come for the ______ and stay for the ______. #downtownDSM
Attractions , Downtown , Downtown Farmers' Market , Gray's Lake , Historic Court Avenue , Historic East Village , Market District , Music and Entertainment , Outdoor Recreation and Trails , Restaurants and Nightlife , Sherman Hill , Shopping , Sports , Things To Do , Western Gateway Park