Come for This, Stay for That: Downtown Des Moines Edition
You may have a go-to list of Downtown Des Moines (DSM) favorite things to do, and we can help you pair that with some additional finds, too. As you make your plans, let us help you take an ordinary few hours and turn it into an absolutely epic day (or night!). This is what great summers are made of in Downtown DSM!
Bring the Kids
Make It a Date
Grab a Group
- Come for the biking trails near Water Works Park and Gray’s Lake, stay for a Downtown brewery tour sampling ice cold, local craft beer (including stops at Confluence Brewing Co., Exile, Lua Brewing, Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Company, 1717 Brewing Co. and Peace Tree).
- Come for a show at Wells Fargo Arena, stay for a nightcap at Hello, Marjorie or Bellhop Tiki bar.
- Come for a plant-themed class at Art Terrarium, stay for a cup of coffee at Horizon Line Coffee.
- Come for the nightlife in the Historic Court District and Historic East Village, stay for a late-night slice of pizza at Fong’s.
- Come for an unforgettable Escape Chambers experience, stay for arcade games at UpDown.
Tell us! Do you have an epic suggestion to add to this Downtown Des Moines summertime list of favorites and finds? Share it with us on Twitter: Hey @downtownDSMUSA, I’m in for one epic summer in Downtown #DesMoines! I’ll come for the ______ and stay for the ______. #downtownDSM
Attractions , Downtown , Downtown Farmers' Market , Gray's Lake , Historic Court Avenue , Historic East Village , Market District , Music and Entertainment , Outdoor Recreation and Trails , Restaurants and Nightlife , Sherman Hill , Shopping , Sports , Things To Do , Western Gateway Park