The position of Volunteer Chair shall plan events to provide access and awareness for YPC members to make an impact on local charities and non-profit groups. It will be at the Chair's discretion whether to utilize a committee process for the planning and execution of events. The Chair will also collaborate with other YPC committees and nonprofit organizations in Central Iowa.
This is a voting position.
YPC Volunteer Chair Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Volunteer Chair responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- Plan events centered around volunteerism endeavors (i.e. Volunteer Fair, panels, speakers, Chili for Charity, supply drives, and overall raising awareness)
- May lead a committee and regularly engage with YPC membership while encouraging collaboration with other YPC committees and outside groups
- Ideally, identify the passions of YPC members and align volunteer programming and initiatives toward the direction of member interests
What It Takes
- An interest in raising awareness for nonprofit organizations in the Greater Des Moines Area
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks (should you choose to chair a standing committee)
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
(found it works best to devote at least 30 minutes daily to avoid overwhelming backlog)
A Strong Candidate
- Has been an active member of the Volunteer Committee or has participated in the Volunteer Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Involved (beyond YPC, needs to be connected in community)
- Listener (willing to listen to others ideas & use feedback to inform decision-making)