The position of Athletics Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating athletic events for YPC members in the Greater Des Moines area. It will be at the discretion of the Athletics Coordinator whether to utilize a committee process for the planning and execution of athletics events, initiatives, and opportunities. The Athletics Coordinator shall coordinate extensively with the Social Chair.
This is a voting position.
YPC Athletics Coordinator Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Athletics Coordinator responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- Create leagues and various athletic events around Des Moines (i.e. bowling, indoor volleyball, sand volleyball, and softball)
- Help drive membership via athletic participation
What It Takes
- An interest in athletics
- A strong knowledge of area athletic opportunities and leagues
- The ability to create schedules and leagues
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- Time commitment: 3-8 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has experience in establishing and running various athletic leagues
- Has participated in Athletic Committee events or has been an active member of the Athletics Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
4 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Involved (especially within athletic leagues)