COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
The position of Community Engagement Director should be an experienced YPC member, preferably with YPC board or committee experience. The specific purpose of this position is to support The Board with their projects, events, and goals in any way that is feasible.
This is a voting position that is part of the Executive Board.
What You’ll Do
The Community Engagement Director shall support the Executive Board with their initiatives and help to advise the Board on matters important to YPC and the community. The Community Engagement Director will be the main point of contact for Des Moines area college students and assist with the Seize the City internship program. The Community Engagement Director will focus on maintaining community relationships with business partners, servicing YPC Business Member relationships, on-boarding new YPC Business Members, and communicating with board members to help find sponsors for events as well as engaging in various activities as needed.
What It Takes
- The ability to see the 'big picture'
- The ability to lead others and organize large event details
- An attitude of service
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Actively seeks opportunities to assist other board members
- Has at least one year of experience on the YPC board or two years of experience as an active member of YPC
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
4 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate