The position of Secretary-Treasurer is charged with creating a record of all monthly meetings and any special meetings. As the treasurer, the member is charged with keeping record of the financials of the organization.
This is a voting position that is part of the Executive Board.
YPC Secretary-Treasurer Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Secretary-Treasurer responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- As Secretary, take minutes during all board meetings, retreats, or any other special meetings called to order by the President. These minutes must be sent to the entire Board.
- As Treasurer, keep record of all budget requests, organizational revenues, expenses, and facilitate the annual budget process. Budget tracking is to be presented at the monthly board meeting.
- Perform an annual review of the bylaws and policies of the organization. The President and President Elect will assist with this process.
- Assist in the execution of the elections and slating process.
- Be knowledgeable and assist with parliamentary procedures and issues related to the YPC bylaws.
What It Takes
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to quickly & accurately take notes at meetings
- Knowledge of Excel/Google Spreadsheet
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has an understanding of board governance
- Has at least one year of experience on the YPC board or two years of experience as an active member of YPC
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate