The position of Secretary-Treasurer is charged with creating a record of all monthly meetings and any special meetings. As the treasurer, the member is charged with keeping record of the financials of the organization.
This is a voting position that is part of the Executive Board.
What You’ll Do
Specifically, as Secretary, the member must take minutes during all board meetings, retreats, or any other special meetings called to order by the President. These minutes must be sent to the entire board to be voted upon. As Treasurer, the member is charged with keeping record of all budget requests, organizational revenues, expenses, and facilitating the annual budget process. Budget tracking is to be presented at the monthly board meeting.
The Secretary-Treasurer is responsible for performing an annual review of the bylaws and policies of the organization. The President and President Elect will work with the member on this process. Finally, the Secretary-Treasurer assists in the slating of the following year’s board.
What It Takes
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to quickly & accurately take notes at meetings
- Knowledge of Excel/Google Spreadsheet
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has an understanding of board governance
- Has at least one year of experience on the YPC board or two years of experience as an active member of YPC
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate