IMPACT DOWNTOWN CHAIR
The position of Impact Downtown Chair is responsible for finding opportunities for collaboration with downtown entities. It will be at the chair's discretion whether to utilize a committee process for the planning and execution of Impact Downtown events and initiatives, assisting in promoting the downtown core.
This is a voting position.
What You'll Do
- Help to find opportunities for collaborative events with other organizations and YPC Chairs
- Organize events that take place in the Downtown area (Downtown Scavenger Hunt, YPC City Ride, etc.)
- Plan the Signature YPC Event Sips, Samples and Sights architectural tour of downtown and collaborate with community partners, including, but not limited to the Iowa Architectural Foundation.
What It Takes
- Knowledge of the downtown area and/or a strong willingness to network with business owners and event managers
- A passion for the downtown area
- Strong organization and communication skills
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has a strong network of downtown business and community leaders
- Is “in the know” of events and organizations in Downtown Des Moines that could provide value to membership
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate