YPC Board Applications
To apply for the YPC Board of Directors, please use the following checklist:
- I have confirmed my membership status in YPC is in good standing.
- I have read and understood the 2021-2022 YPC Board Member Requirements & Expectations (below).
- I have read and understood the individual Board position description(s) of the position(s) applied for (See menu options for open positions and applications).
- I have submitted a Google Form application for each Board position applied for by Monday, May 17 2021 at 11:59 PM.
(We recommend typing responses in a savable word-processing program and copying text into the Google Form.)
- I have emailed my resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
About the Election Process
The current YPC Board will review the applications and select a candidate for each position based on a majority vote. The proposed slate will then be voted upon by the YPC membership via an emailed, electronic ballot. If approved, the current and incoming Board will begin transitioning in June, with the official transition of the Board taking place on or about June 30, 2021.
2021-2022 YPC Board Member Requirements and Expectations
Board Members in good standing must:
- Adhere to the YPC bylaws
- Attend twelve (12) monthly Board Meetings or Board Retreats (meetings occur on the third Tuesday of the month from 4pm-5pm downtown at 700 Locust St.), and at least one (1) Special Meeting for board slating
- Adequately communicate regarding YPC business by responding to email and cellular communication with reasonable timeliness and professionalism
- Represent YPC by attending boards/committees of the GDMP (if applicable)
(GDMP board/committee assignments are noted in individual position descriptions)
- Serve a 12-month term July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Chairs in good standing must:
- Execute YPC business via a pre-determined strategy either utilizing the committee process or forgoing chairing a standing committee
- Plan and execute YPC events
Board Members should strive to:
- Inclusively collaborate as part of a team: the YPC Board of Directors
- Promote YPC at both YPC and non-YPC events, be a positive face of the organization, and engage members, potential members, and non-members in a positive and professional manner
- Regularly attend YPC events (e.g. monthly happy hours, Kick-off party, Gala, New Member meetings, YPC signature events)
- Support fellow board members via event planning, committee participation, and providing feedback
Outstanding Board Members will:
- Actively recruit YPs to YPC membership, recruit members to participate on committees, and recruit members to apply for the YPC Board
- Enthusiastically align their efforts with the YPC Board Goals and work towards their achievement
- Bring new ideas and energy to the Board