The position of Social Chair shall plan social events throughout the year to provide members opportunities to network with other Young Professionals around the Greater Des Moines area. The Social Chair shall collaborate with the Board to create opportunities for added value. It will be at the Chair's discretion whether to utilize a committee process for the planning and execution of events. The Chair will also collaborate with other YPC committees and outside entities. The Social Chair will collaborate with and assist the Athletics Coordinator as necessary as athletics and social programming overlap in mission and member engagement.
This is a voting position.
YPC Social Chair Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Social Chair responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- Plan monthly Happy Hours
- Plan your Signature Event, the January Kick-Off Party
- Collaborate with any other Board members as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Athletics Coordinator
What It Takes
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks (should you choose to chair a standing committee)
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has experience with event planning/management
- Has participated in Social or Athletic Committee Events or has been an active member of the Social Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
7 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills