The position of Social Chair shall plan social events throughout the year to provide members opportunities to network with other Young Professionals around the Greater Des Moines area. The Social Chair shall collaborate with the Board to create opportunities for added value. The chair will preside over a committee that will coordinate the various events and collaborate with other YPC committees and outside entities. The Social Chair will oversee and assist the Athletics Coordinator as necessary as this position reports directly to the Social Chair.
This is a voting position.
What You’ll Do
The Social Chair plans monthly happy hours, the January Kick-Off Party, and collaborate as necessary with any other Board members as needed. The January Kick-Off Party is the Social Committee's signature event. The Chair works collaboratively with the Athletics Coordinator.
What It Takes
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has experience with event planning/management
- Has participated in Social or Athletic Committee Events or has been an active member of the Social Committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
7 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills