YPC is its members. The position of Membership Chair will actively attract and retain YPC members. The chair will preside over a committee that will plan events aimed at defining and refining YPC membership. The Membership Chair shall oversee all planning and operations of the YPC Ambassador Program.
This is a voting position.
What You’ll Do
The Membership Chair organizes and hosts the monthly New Member meetings and New Member socials where new or potential members are introduced to YPC. The Chair educates and encourages new members to get involved and integrated into various YPC committees/activities. The Chair also analyzes YPC events and member attendance to understand YPC trends and patterns.
The Membership Chair reports to the Board on the current status of membership, new members, renewing members and the interests of these individuals. The Chair creates and interprets the annual YPC survey. The Membership Chair also oversees the recruitment and organization of the Ambassadors.
What It Takes
- Strong public speaking skills
- General passion for networking and helping others to create lasting connections
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- The ability to lead a committee and delegate tasks
- The ability to balance planning of multiple events
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per week
A Strong Candidate
- Has leadership skills or a desire to obtain such
- Has participated in Membership Committee Events or has been an active member of the Membership committee in the past
- Has a strong knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
6 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Strong speaking skills