SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing social networks to communicate with YPC Members and those who are interested in the organization. The Social Media Coordinator shall coordinate extensively with the Marketing Chair.
This is a voting position.
YPC Social Media Coordinator Responsibilities + Prior Experience
See below for more information on Social Media Coordinator responsibilities and ideal traits.
What You’ll Do
- Promote all events within YPC and events that may appeal to YPC Members on social media sites - specifically, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram
- Share or post content that may be of interest to members and fall within the YPC Mission Statement of promoting an environment that attracts and retains young professionals in Greater Des Moines (DSM). Its efforts focus on connecting young professionals to each other and to the community through social, civic, charitable and professional development endeavors.
What It Takes
- Time Commitment: approximately 1 hour per day; approximately 7 hours per week, plus attendance at YPC events
- Monetary commitment for membership and ticketed YPC events
A Strong Candidate
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Has experience using social media platforms
- Has a knowledge of the mission and purpose of YPC
3 Traits Describing an Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills