Greater Des Moines Partnership Announces 2019 Strategic Priorities, Board Members
GREATER DES MOINES, IA (Jan. 17, 2019) — The Greater Des Moines Partnership unveiled its 2019 Strategic Priorities and shared its 2018 accomplishments at the 130th Annual Dinner on Thursday, Jan. 17 at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center at the Iowa Events Center.
The Partnership announced its economic development work with state and local partners resulted in 26 existing business expansions, 10 new company locations and a capital investment of nearly $1.3 billion.
The Partnership also unveiled its 2018 Annual Report video to highlight 2018 successes.
“The Partnership is successful because of its Investors and Members,” said 2018 Board Chair Dan Houston, Chairman, President and CEO of Principal. “They guide the strategy, and provide the leadership and tenacity to make projects happen. Their efforts led to a successful year in 2018.”
During the program, Partnership 2019 Board Chair Kathryn Kunert, Vice President, Economic Connections and Integration at MidAmerican Energy Company, unveiled five Strategic Priorities for The Partnership in 2019:
- Demonstrate progress toward the Education Drives our Greater Economy (EDGE) goal of ensuring 75 percent of Greater Des Moines (DSM) working-age adults have degrees, certificates and other credentials by 2025 that align with workforce needs.
- Partner in the creation of a transload facility in DSM to enable the transfer of bulk commodities between trucks and trains.
- Enhance the vibrancy of Downtown DSM through activation of the Downtown riverfront and river.
- Partner on the advancement of the Des Moines International Airport terminal project.
- Further our commitment to DSM’s small business and entrepreneurial ecosystem, including the creation of a new Small Business Resources Hub.
Learn how to take action on The Partnership's 2019 Strategic Priorities.
“We have a lot of momentum as a region, and it is our job to continue to maximize momentum this year,” Kunert said. “With the help of Partnership Investors and Members, we will work to ensure that DSM continues to rise.”
See the full list of the 2019 Greater Des Moines Partnership Board of Directors and Executive Board.
This year’s Annual Dinner keynote presentation was headlined by J.D. Vance, a venture capitalist and author of the #1 New York Times best seller “Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis.”
About the Greater Des Moines Partnership
The Greater Des Moines Partnership is the economic and community development organization that serves Greater Des Moines (DSM), Iowa. Together with 24 Affiliate Chambers of Commerce, more than 6,400 Regional Business Members and more than 340 Investors, The Partnership drives economic growth with one voice, one mission and as one region. Through innovation, strategic planning and global collaboration, The Partnership grows opportunity, helps create jobs and promotes DSM as the best place to build a business, a career and a future. Learn more at DSMpartnership.com.