Park & Ride bus tickets half off in MyDART app
DART and the Iowa State Fair partner to provide free parking and more than 220,000 rides to the fair from three Park & Ride locations. Service runs 8:30 a.m. to midnight each day of the Fair. New in 2018:
- Purchase Park & Ride bus tickets in the MyDART app for half off the regular fare. The app is free to download and tickets are available now in the app.
- All buses will drop off and pick up at Gate 10 at the Fairgrounds. This is a change for SE Polk Park & Ride users, who previously used Gate 8.
Free Parking Locations
- Center Street Park & Ride (map)
Enter Center Street parking ramp on 7th Street. Bus picks up at the corner of 6th Ave. and Center St.
- Iowa State Capitol (map)
Parking available at State Capitol visitor lots. Bus picks up on East 12th Street, directly east of the Capitol.
- Southeast Polk High School (map)
Parking available in high school parking lots. Bus picks up at the main door of SE Polk High School.
Park & Ride Round-trip Fares (cash, exact change preferred, or MyDART app passes only)
- $2 adults (ages 11+)
- $1 children ages 6-10, adults (65+), Medicare card holders and people with disabilities (half-fare)
- Children 5 and younger are free
Riders who show their Iowa State Fair advance admission ticket at Park & Ride locations OR purchase their bus ticket in the MyDART app can ride for half off the round-trip fare.
More information on all three Park & Ride locations can be found at: www.ridedart.com/IowaStateFair.
The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) is the public transportation provider in and around Polk County. DART operates a family of transportation services that connects thousands of people every day to jobs, school, medical appointments, entertainment and more. For more information about DART services, schedules, route changes, or directions to the nearest DART stop, visit the website at ridedart.com or call 515-283-8100.