The Annual Survey .... Next Steps
The Young Professionals Connection (YPC) Annual Survey closed over the weekend. What happens next? I am happy to say that this year information from the survey is being used in more ways than ever before. First, preliminary survey results were used at the visioning session the board had last week. Second, a high-level survey report will be published and available on the YPC website. Third, survey reports specific to committees will be provided to anyone who is interested in running for the board.
As you wait for the survey reports to be published, here's what we learned from 200 completed surveys in 2013.
2013 Survey Findings
- 63 percent of survey takers were YPC members, and 67 percent were female
- 70 are willing to fill out a survey after each event they attend
- 56 percent say we have the right number of events, but not the right type of events
- 58 percent want to see more professional development events
- 44 percent want to see more social events (with an emphasis on structured networking)
- 57 percent want the YPC Board to be more transparent
Stay tuned for the full report to be published, and if you have further questions or want to help work on the 2014 survey, contact Membership@ypcDSM.com.
Young Professionals Connection (YPC)
The Young Professionals Connection (YPC) promotes an environment that attracts and retains young professionals in Greater Des Moines (DSM). YPC connects young professionals to each other and to the community through social, civic, charitable and professional development endeavors. YPC members have unique opportunities to grow personally and professionally and forge lasting relationships. They engage, connect and form a foundation for their future in DSM. YPC is an initiative of the Greater Des Moines Partnership.