What to Expect from the 2023 DSM Intern Connection
Calling all college-aged interns in Greater Des Moines (DSM)! The DSM Intern Connection is gearing up for another great summer of programming, and we want to see you at events this June, July and August. We’ve welcomed interns from organizations like Banana Republic, John Deere, Lorenz & Jones, Principal Financial Group, Vermeer Corporation and more in the past. Is it time to add your internship business to the list?
The first DSM Intern Connection event will be held Tuesday, June 6 at 5:30 p.m. in Downtown DSM and include a program overview so you know what to expect in 2023. Not sure if the DSM Intern Connection is for you? Here are five reasons we think you should attend!
5 Reasons to Get Involved
The free DSM Intern Connection events will take place on Tuesdays throughout the summer. Here are five reasons you should consider getting involved:
Attend events for free! Whether you’re networking with a local author or festival director or hearing from young professionals about the transition from college to career, there’s an event to hold your interest this summer.
- Receive a Community Leadership Certificate when you attend three of the four events. You can proudly display this for your colleagues, peers and associates to see your commitment to community and dedication to your career growth.
- Build a robust contacts list. From other young professionals to business leaders in DSM, connecting with those affiliated with DSM Intern Connection will bring new opportunities, ample resources and valuable career advice.
- Support DSM businesses. Many of the DSM Intern Connection events are held around DSM at local organizations and businesses. There’s a kickoff event at the well-known World Food Prize Hall of Laureates, Happy Hour networking at Big Grove Brewery & Taproom and an Iowa Cubs baseball game to attend at Principal Park. What better way is there to socialize than at a favorite DSM location?
- Begin your career journey on solid footing. The Partnership is here to help driven young professionals advance their careers in the region. Creating opportunities for advancement through mentoring, community events and more is just the beginning of the possibilities in DSM.
Tuesday, June 6 | 5:30 – 7 p.m. | DSM Intern Connection Kickoff | REGISTER
- Tuesday, June 20 | 5:30 – 7 p.m. | Networking Not Working | REGISTER
- Tuesday, July 11 | 5:30 – 7 p.m. | Young Professionals Panel | REGISTER
- Thursday, July 13 | 5:30 – 7 p.m. | DSM USA Intern Bash presented in conjunction with WDM YURtern at Big Grove Brewery & Taproom* | REGISTER
- Tuesday, July 25 | 5:30 – 7 p.m. | What Young Professionals Should Know About Benefits | REGISTER
- Tuesday, Aug. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | I-Cubs vs. Toledo Mudhens* | REGISTER
*Event does not count toward fulfillment of Community Leadership Certificate
Learn more about DSM Intern Connection or reach out to me with questions at alowder@DSMpartnership.com.
Job opportunities and career resources are abundant in Greater Des Moines (DSM). Whether you're looking to find an internship, a job, develop professionally or grow as a student, we have the resources to help you thrive.
Anne Lowder is Education and Talent Coordinator at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.